boarding times in Houston by deck

CruiseCtrl

I've never noticed boarding times by deck before. Is this special for Houston?How strict are the boarding times for the Emerald in the port of Houston? Can I get on earlier?

Also wondering if I can purchase a transfer from ship to airport while on board the Emerald, and at what cost?

PROGRESSIVE CRUISE CHECK-IN INFORMATION

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times after dropping off luggage and clearing security. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please arrive at check-in times below. Once on board, enjoy a meal at Horizon Court which remains open throughout the day to serve you.

12:00pm - 1:00pm- Aloha & Dolphin, Decks / Cabins start with A & D 1:00pm - 2:00pm - Caribe, Emerald & Riviera Decks / Cabins start with C, E & R 2:00pm - 3:00pm - Baha, Lido & Plaza Decks / Cabins start with B, L & P

All guests must be on board one hour prior to sailing.

They do this when they expect delays or the boarding area is small. How strict they are depends on the crowds.

And yes, you can purchase a transfer on board assuming spaces are available. Should be the same or a couple of dollars more as the current price.

I've never noticed boarding times by deck before. Is this special for Houston?How strict are the boarding times for the Emerald in the port of Houston? Can I get on earlier?

Also wondering if I can purchase a transfer from ship to airport while on board the Emerald, and at what cost?

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times after dropping off luggage and clearing security. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please arrive at check-in times below. Once on board, enjoy a meal at Horizon Court which remains open throughout the day to serve you.

12:00pm - 1:00pm- Aloha & Dolphin, Decks / Cabins start with A & D 1:00pm - 2:00pm - Caribe, Emerald & Riviera Decks / Cabins start with C, E & R 2:00pm - 3:00pm - Baha, Lido & Plaza Decks / Cabins start with B, L & P

Very helpful - thanks!

When I was there a couple of weeks ago it seemed to only be a suggestion to smooth out the boarding process. I feel much of the problem with the Bayport terminal is not its size, but instead is the traffic flow layout, size is also a bit small, but a few modificaiton and the traffic flow could be much better.

Edited by PenguinLife

My last few cruises were from LA, and we got a similar message each time not to arrive before 1pm. We didn't follow this and two out of three of the times, there was absolutely no one (or just a few people) in line and we were checked-in right away. I do remember the last time there were signs directly one to different counters based on decks.

I think with San Pedro and maybe other ports, it's done to stagger arrivals, but just a guideline. No one checked our boarding docs and sent us back outside.

Just returned from a Princess Cruise from Bayport. If you are Platinum or above you can board anytime, with the entrance to the left of the main boarding line. Have a fun trip.

Thanks for all the replies. First time platinum, I guess I'll take advantage of of it.:cool: