Bermuda - dolphin experience?

2specialkidsforme

Hi Everyone,

We will be on the Breakaway June 14-21st to Bermuda and one of our soon to be 13 year old's dream is to swim with the dolphins. I would like to surprise her on her birthday in February with the excursion booked so it will be one of those gifts she will always remember.

Anyway- if anyone has done a dolphin experience in the past year - can you share with me what one you did, did you love it, would you do this one again?

Thanks so much,

Becki

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Just wanted to see if you ended up doing the Dolphin excursion and if so, which one did you pick and how was it.

Looks like there are more options booking direct through Dolphin Quest as opposed to going through the cruise line.

Heading to Bermuda next month.

Thanks

we are on the July 31st sailing of the Grandeur of the Seas. I tried to book the Dolphin excursion on RCCL's website and it said to do it when we board. I've emailed the excursion department and, if I don't heard back soon, will book it directly with Dolphin Quest. I don't want my granddaughter to be disappointed. Their website gives all kinds of options.

Sheila

We are NCL 7/17 and we are going to book direct through Dolphin Quest. Not sure which option yet but even the 30 minute on I believe the charge was $219 and booking through NCL is $249 but also includes admission to the museum which I think is only $10 anyway, not sure what RCCL is charging.

I did some more searching and even wrote to RCCL excursion dept. I found out on line that we don't have to pay the $309 plus tax for an hour with the dolphins for one of us to accompany our 16 year old granddaughter as we can pay the admission to the museum and watch her from a covered area. Hope this is true as we don't want to pay another $309 plus tax for one of us to accompany her. My DH went with her sister to one in the Caribbean when we took her on a cruise, but she was much younger.

Sheila

I did some more searching and even wrote to RCCL excursion dept. I found out on line that we don't have to pay the $309 plus tax for an hour with the dolphins for one of us to accompany our 16 year old granddaughter as we can pay the admission to the museum and watch her from a covered area. Hope this is true as we don't want to pay another $309 plus tax for one of us to accompany her. My DH went with her sister to one in the Caribbean when we took her on a cruise, but she was much younger.

Sheila

Yes, that's true. My wife an I were doing the museum tour and ended up by the dolphins. There are benches to sit at and we did get to watch the dolphins and others swimming with them. a69b2ae84564084054f720f18f9f3ada.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

To Bitterman,

Thanks for posting and for the photos. We were finally able to talk to someone late yesterday on the 800# who was so very helpful and said that we would be about 15 feet away in the stands so we could watch our granddaughter. This is what I love about Cruise Critic Boards -- we have ways to exchange important info.

Sheila

I did the Dolphin Encounter in 2012 & was disappointed in the experience. The water wasn't very clean, the platform was slimy & we spent most of our time in the water looking underwater (with masks .... the water wasn't clear enough to see without them) @ what the dolphins were doing. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, especially considering the cost. I previously did a Dolphin Encounter @ Sea World in San Diego & it was a much better experience.

IMHO, their photographers aren't very good. I was hard pressed to find even one photo that was worth buying.

• 1 month later...