Anyone just off Explorer or Vision this weekend?

sheilb4

Well this was my first RC cruise! The ship is beautiful but the "My Time Dining " is a nightmare!! Doesn't matter what time you go for Dinner you had to wait in line at least 30 mins with nowhere to sit....sometimes more!! That was my biggest and most frustrating thing about this cruise. It didn't matter what you said to the Maître D, who not only welcomed you there but was seating you as well...:eek: The ship was full due to being Thanksgiving and all but they should have been prepared for that!!

The adult pool is never open to the beautiful sky.....disappointing, considering there were over 560 kids on board who acted like something let loose!! I guess parents are off having fun and the kids are gone wild!! ( no flaming please) I have 2 adult children.

They were even in the hot tubs without supervision with glasses and plates throwing water at whoever and running, screaming, young kids too.....terrible!!! Never again would I go over that time of year again!

I'm a little worried about this cruise I have coming up in Mar(RC,Legend). I'm thinking of changing but the itinerary is awesome and I have things booked and don't really want to change......guess I'll be eating at the windjammer ( if it's the same name as the Vision) every night!!

We never had any problem with Noro Virus! There were sanitization stations all over the ship! Wash your hands people!!!

Good luck!

Well this was my first RC cruise! The ship is beautiful......

......guess I'll be eating at the windjammer ( if it's the same name as the Vision) every night!!

We never had any problem with Noro Virus! There were sanitization stations all over the ship! Wash your hands people!!!

Good luck!

Hi,

thank you for your observations /comments.

560 kids .... wow that is about 25% of the guests ..... I try to pick the time of the year that chances of so many kids are reduced

How was the Windjammer ?

Was the noro affecting many people or just a few ?

The captain made 2 announcements at separate times during the week that there were several people in the infirmary with GI sickness/noro virus and asked to wash and sanitize your hands all throughout the ship. The ship did clean the theater after every show, door knobs and railings were sanitized very frequently. There was no spread of it, but people were in the infirmary from it. The captain did her job by having to tell passengers to keep clean. The ship is very small and I am thankful that she told the ship.

The windjammer food was not that great. It was the same, boring and bland. The coffee is not great either. They ran out of clean silverware and napkins at lunch time too. Not acceptable because it was a port day and most of the passengers were off of the ship. And, don't ask for chocolate milk either. They have no idea what you mean. You will receive hot chocolate or cold milk with a hot chocolate packet which does not disolve in cold milk (it's clumpy and dry powder stays on top). You can get real chocolate milk in the dining room. Still do not understand why you cannot get it in the windjammer. The desserts in the WJ were not great either.

Yes, Captain Liz kept us informed on what was happening.

The staff were cleaning often as said! People need to listen and wash wash wash their hands!!

WJ was just ok in my opinion as well. Mostly the same thing everyday. Deserts were just ok, same in the Dining room with deserts! Just nothing to rave about. I didn't have to cook or clean so it was fine with me. We didn't go hungry...lol My issue was with the lining up in the MDR even with reservations!!!

We have been cruising with RC since 2006 and the Vision is NOT the normal for RC! If you want an incredible experience, cruise on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Guaranteed awesome time, professional shows and great food and service.

The Vision during Thanksgiving was on the list of where children could cruise for FREE when the promotion was running in January. We had our 2 boys with us and they could not stand the other children who were obnoxious in the pools either. Our children stayed with us and we supervised them. I know what you saw too. Kids running everywhere, jumping on people in the pool and over them. Food everywhere. It was bad. The hot tubs are NOT for children either and they filled them. The parents were very unresponsible.

Dining......get a 1st seating dinner if you can. Not my time. On the Vision, 2nd seating ran out of food. Our server told us. He will remain nameless. He was incredible and I gave him great ratings, but I don't want to out him on his comments. 1st seating dinner was nice. Like you said, we didn't have to cook. Lol. So, I thought the dining room did a nice job. But, my husband did have plastic one night in his dessert in the dining room. We were given a bottle of wine for this. Hmmmmmm, I guess it was better than nothing, but hard plastic in food is not right. RC has been told in the survey and customer relations on and off of the ship. I am praying that changes are made on Vision and that they get to the status that RC truly is.

Oh, one more thing about the children on the ship. When were at the port in Belize, we stayed on the ship and enjoyed the pool until 3ish when the unsupervised children started to appear. At 3:45 we left the pool, went to get our belongings on the chair and noticed that NO ONE was in the pool. Well, one of the unsupervised children vomited in the pool and the pool was shut down, and drained! People were mad because it was actually a hot and gorgeous day. The next 2 days were not that great, so needless to say, parents need to supervise their children because people look forward to a much needed and deserved vacation. We need to teach the children respect and it starts with the parents. Watch your children, especially in the pools.

Just another note, the Park Cafe is located INSIDE the adult pool area/solarium. So, you WILL have kids running around to get pizza and food when the Windjammer closes. This is poor planning on the Vision!

Loved the Explorer back in 2006. Vision was OK. No cruise is a bad cruise but several things could have been better on the Vision. Loved Chops. Windjammer not so much. After hearing people rave about Park Cafe. I wasn't impressed. MDR meals were very good. We did the repositioning from FLL to TPA and the ports were excellent. Must say that on the Vision the staff was excellent...great service.

Would love to know how the cruises have been, your thoughts etc......am going on them both in a few weeks so love to read recent reviews, info etc...

I departed from a two week cruise on the Explorer on November 15, 2014. Here is a link to my review, which is long and includes pictures ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130288

Oh, one more thing about the children on the ship. When were at the port in Belize, we stayed on the ship and enjoyed the pool until 3ish when the unsupervised children started to appear. At 3:45 we left the pool, went to get our belongings on the chair and noticed that NO ONE was in the pool. Well, one of the unsupervised children vomited in the pool and the pool was shut down, and drained! People were mad because it was actually a hot and gorgeous day. The next 2 days were not that great, so needless to say, parents need to supervise their children because people look forward to a much needed and deserved vacation. We need to teach the children respect and it starts with the parents. Watch your children, especially in the pools.

Just another note, the Park Cafe is located INSIDE the adult pool area/solarium. So, you WILL have kids running around to get pizza and food when the Windjammer closes. This is poor planning on the Vision!

I totally agree with you on this. It was terrible to no even be able to get in the hot tubs. They were over run by rowdy kids and small ones at that. I saw them in the hot tub with glasses and plates throwing water !! Certainly not very good manners. The whole time I was laying on a chair no parent came to check on their kids!!! My 1st and last time doing a holiday cruise! I was so disappointed as this was a girls vacation with leaving kids home with their dads!

Thanks for all your responses, certainly a lot of differing perceptions, but not to worry, it was most informative and I will endeavor to make the most of it, since I won't be at work, won't be alone fir the holidays, don't have to cook and will enjoy the experience .... As long as that sun is shining!!!! Lol

Just off the vision today. Had my time dining but with a set time and it was ok. Food was ok , not terrific except for the duck and tenderloin. Service was good. Staff was pleasant. Did not have a problem getting a drink the few times I did. Not a lot of daytime entertainment besides trivia and towel folding. Not a lot of kids. I was told by one of the staff average age was 65. Crowded diamond lounge. Thankfully the diamond lounge had good coffee. An ok cruise but nothing wowed me. There was Noro on board.

Just off the vision today. Had my time dining but with a set time and it was ok. Food was ok , not terrific except for the duck and tenderloin. Service was good. Staff was pleasant. Did not have a problem getting a drink the few times I did. Not a lot of daytime entertainment besides trivia and towel folding. Not a lot of kids. I was told by one of the staff average age was 65. Crowded diamond lounge. Thankfully the diamond lounge had good coffee. An ok cruise but nothing wowed me. There was Noro on board.

Thank you for posting. Doesn't seem that you were very impressed with your trip... Hope that at least you had good weather?

Thank you for posting. Doesn't seem that you were very impressed with your trip... Hope that at least you had good weather?

We got off the Vision yesterday. It wasn't the best cruise we had ever had, but not the worst by a long shot. We enjoyed the MDR food for the most part. We are in our 40's, & always found stuff to do during the day if we wanted to & we were sorry to leave. There were only 70 kids on the ship, but we only heard one of them...there wasn't a single place this kid didn't throw a tantrum! :rolleyes:

The downsides were the boarding and leaving process were slow and disorganised. The cruise director very poor, but he left the ship yesterday too, so that's good news. The activities manager was also poor, but the entertainment staff (with the exception of Mo) were good fun. The "Headliners" were mostly awful.

The rudeness of some of the passengers took our breath away on more than one occasion, obviously please and thank you have been forgotten in some people's vocabulary.

For the most part, we enjoyed it and we would do it all over again tomorrow.

We got off the Vision yesterday. It wasn't the best cruise we had ever had, but not the worst by a long shot. We enjoyed the MDR food for the most part. We are in our 40's, & always found stuff to do during the day if we wanted to & we were sorry to leave. There were only 70 kids on the ship, but we only heard one of them...there wasn't a single place this kid didn't throw a tantrum! :rolleyes:

The downsides were the boarding and leaving process were slow and disorganised. The cruise director very poor, but he left the ship yesterday too, so that's good news. The activities manager was also poor, but the entertainment staff (with the exception of Mo) were good fun. The "Headliners" were mostly awful.

The rudeness of some of the passengers took our breath away on more than one occasion, obviously please and thank you have been forgotten in some people's vocabulary.

For the most part, we enjoyed it and we would do it all over again tomorrow.

Thank you Britcruiser. Again another not so positive review...oh dear. Well like sine other poster stated, I guess you have to take it with a pinch of salt, but when you read majority of poor reviews it sure makes you wonder... I will write reviews when I return from my holiday cruisesm and hopefully have do e good positive feedback to share.... I hope!!! Lol