How come?

fototaker

I must be missing something, I don't get it.

You just made my day:0

You know how when you are counting down the days for something and they just seem to take forever? Then you get there and the time flies? That's what the OP is talking about.

I must be missing something, I don't get it.

It's a whimsical attempt at conveying the pre-cruise excitement. However, the truth for me is that time seems to be stuck in cold molasses before I get to the ship! :cool: Once aboard the ship I feel as if shot out of a canon and time flies!

I am right there with ya! It's taking forever for Dec 7th to get here. I leave out from NOLO on the Dream Dec 7th.

AH! Wish I could join you! "Dream" is one of my absolute favorite ships, and cruises.

Say HELLO to the "Black Jack Band" for me! :cool:

"SKY"

Ken

You just made my day:0

You know how when you are counting down the days for something and they just seem to take forever? Then you get there and the time flies? That's what the OP is talking about.

Ah, I saw the picture and didn't read the comment below it about slow and fast and yes, spot on. Lol

How come the 7 days before you cruise

158389387.jpg

Are the longest of the year, and the 7 days on board are the shortest of the year?

I think it has something to do with Daylight Savings Time and the International Dating line.

Here's something no one said so far: I noticed that the first day of my cruise feels really long. I can't sleep at the pre-cruise hotel from the excitement, so I end up starting my day as early as 6:00 AM. Followed by a barrage of new events, from riding a shuttle to the ship to eating dinner the first night. By the time I get out of the Welcome Aboard show, it feels like a lot of time passed, and debarkation is tomorrow. (Next day being a port day somehow adds to the "debarkation" feeling.) But then I get into the swing of things, have a blast, time speeds up, and before I know it, debarkation really is tomorrow.

Anyone else feel that way on the first day of their cruise?

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01