Spa Baan Suerte - Recent Experiences?

jetexpress

Has anyone recently visited Spa Baan Suerte while in Roatan, since they re-opened? We were going to visit on our last cruise but the owner passed away shortly before we sailed. I can't find any reviews more recent then May 2014. I received an email back from the new owner but am apprehensive about sending a deposit with the lack of recent info. Thanks for any help!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Has anyone recently visited Spa Baan Suerte while in Roatan, since they re-opened? We were going to visit on our last cruise but the owner passed away shortly before we sailed. I can't find any reviews more recent then May 2014. I received an email back from the new owner but am apprehensive about sending a deposit with the lack of recent info. Thanks for any help!

I am going there December 24. I'll try to remember to come back here and report on it.

Last week we booked through Island Marketing for their spa experience package. In the past, they used Baan Suerte and the writeup on their website looks almost identical to the spa's website.

They have now changed to using the Ixora Spa at Anthony's Key Resort.

Overall, we enjoyed the spa treatment and the use of the pool at the resort. It was pretty good value for price paid, especially compared to equivalent treatment packages at home.

• 2 weeks later...
Last week we booked through Island Marketing for their spa experience package. In the past, they used Baan Suerte and the writeup on their website looks almost identical to the spa's website.

They have now changed to using the Ixora Spa at Anthony's Key Resort.

Overall, we enjoyed the spa treatment and the use of the pool at the resort. It was pretty good value for price paid, especially compared to equivalent treatment packages at home.

Thanks for the info! I think this is what we will do as well, to play it safe this time.

Edited by jetexpress

• 2 weeks later...

I paid the deposit (half the cost of the excursion). As soon I went outside the gate of the port area I saw the driver. He was waiting right there.

The grounds are lovely. Jungle, with small cabins where they do the treatments. There is a swimming pool which I did not go in. I did go to the beach after the treatment. Lovely beach, private, quiet, and nearly empty! With a private covered dock.

I would have stayed for a while. Was told to let them know when I was ready to leave and they would call the driver. The driver showed up for me before I was ready. I suspect that the boy they sent down to the beach to be there while I was there called him. He didn't seem to keen on having to be down there. Everyone else (the massage therapist and the office staff) were really nice. I would go again. But, I would set a time with the driver for pick up.

I paid the deposit (half the cost of the excursion). As soon I went outside the gate of the port area I saw the driver. He was waiting right there.

The grounds are lovely. Jungle, with small cabins where they do the treatments. There is a swimming pool which I did not go in. I did go to the beach after the treatment. Lovely beach, private, quiet, and nearly empty! With a private covered dock.

I would have stayed for a while. Was told to let them know when I was ready to leave and they would call the driver. The driver showed up for me before I was ready. I suspect that the boy they sent down to the beach to be there while I was there called him. He didn't seem to keen on having to be down there. Everyone else (the massage therapist and the office staff) were really nice. I would go again. But, I would set a time with the driver for pick up.

Thank you for remembering and taking the time to come back to share your experience!

Glad to hear they are legitimately open again.

• 1 month later...

We were there three times last year and will be there again in early March. The grounds are lovely and serene. There is a pool in case you want to take a swim before or after your treatment, or if DH wants to just hang out while you are pampered. In the last few months they have added some packages that are under the cruise ship tab, if I remember right. Those pric s include transportation, which in the past was an add on. I always set a return time, but do not be shy about telling the driver you are not ready.

They are very accommodating and will mix and match your package for you. I highly recommend them, but also advise, that it is wise to verify with the therapist exactly why ch treatment and the length so there is no confusion. Especially if the owner is not on site that day. Wonderful place. Too bad more people don't take advantage of it. And the blue Bahia restaurant right down the beach has terrific food.

• 7 months later...