Anyone ever taken train on NE Corridor to EWR?

tbag124

Hi, We are flying out of EWR (Newark) to FLL for our 12/3 cruise. We had hoped to just take NJ Transit to EWR from our hometown. It would only be about a 50 min. ride. We heard great things about how easy this is. Now I've heard from other ppl that it's not so easy. Also, that the airport shuttle may not take you near the terminal you need and you would have a long walk to get to it. I've checked out the EWR site, and the "AirTrain" (shuttle in the airport) site and it SEEMS like it should be very easy and that we would get taken right to our terminal.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this? Any info or advice would be very appreciated. Thanks!! :)

I've taken it several times to and from NYC. You take the train to the EWR stop go thru the turnstilies and take Airtrain to the necessary terminal. You go down an escalator (or elevator) and your terminal is downstairs. (note I only fly continental or occasionlly Northwest it may be different at other terminals but I doubt it) It is a relatively painless process. It is only a haul if you have TONS of luggage.

I've taken it several times to and from NYC. You take the train to the EWR stop go thru the turnstilies and take Airtrain to the necessary terminal. You go down an escalator (or elevator) and your terminal is downstairs. (note I only fly continental or occasionlly Northwest it may be different at other terminals but I doubt it) It is a relatively painless process. It is only a haul if you have TONS of luggage.

Thanks! We're flying Jet Blue this time, which hasnt started service yet at EWR, it's starting in Oct. It says they plan to use Terminal A. Thanks a lot for your feedback!!

Archived