port question

rover11

Sailing on the Dream on Monday, I plan on dropping the crew off at the port with the luggage while i return the budget rental. Ive never been to the port however and dont know where to drop them. My question is, is there a section of the port just for Disney? I hope someone can tell me where to drop them off. thank you

Yes, DCL has its own private terminal. As you drive into the port area, you'll see signs for each of the cruise lines. Just follow the signs that say "Disney." When you get near the terminal, there is a clearly marked passenger drop off area. Other signs will direct you to the parking and bus areas (which you do not want!). Then you follow the exit signs back to the main road. The same road that took you to the exit for the terminal will make a curve to the right and change names to "Astronaut Blvd." Budget will be on the right, maybe a mile or a hair more after the curve. There is a Racetrac gas station just before the Budget place. Drop off the car, hop on the shuttle and you're back at the terminal.

If you have 2 forms of ID, your family can check in for you. They won't get your KTTW card, but all else will be done. Just keep your driver's license with you--technically you need it to drive, but you DO need a photo ID to get into the terminal.

You are most welcome. Note--Racetrac is not right next to Budget, but both are on the right hand side of the road and it is a short distance (1-2 blocks) from Racetrac to Budget. About the time I think I must have drive past Budget, I see it.

Also, if you are renting a car on the way back to MCO and gas it up, save your receipt. I've never had them check the receipt at Cape Canaveral, but they do at MCO. No receipt means you pay the minimum gas charge (of like $13 or something similar) even if the gauge reads full!

You can't be checked in until your photo is taken. You will need to have that done when you return to the terminal and pick up your KTTW card.

David

As recently as September 2014, your spouse/significant other can process all the paperwork for the missing member IF they have one government issued photo ID. That is, the adult who is staying in the same cabin can do the cruise contract (provided she has a signed signature sheet), financial responsibility sheet, etc. So when the driver returns, all is done except the photo and having the KTTW card handed to him. Guests were specifically told that the missing spouse did not need to stand in the check in line--just tell the CM working the line that you need to go to desk number whatever. When that CM finishes with her current guest, you are the next in line for that desk and it takes maybe 15 seconds till you are ready to go.

THe other option is to wait till the driver returns and check in as a family.

Perhaps I'm missing your point. Your original reply was that someone can check you in, without your presence. That isn't the case, nor has it ever been on any cruise line in the past 11 years that I've been an agent. Until your secutity photo has been taken, you may not be issued a cruise card. Certainly anyone in your party can go through the check-in process while you park your car, return a rental vehicle, etc. However, they will not be given your KTTW card.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

As an afterthough, I'll add that "one government issued ID" is erroneous information. You must have proof of citizenship. A driver's license or miliary ID is not sufficient, and they are government issued. On a Panama Canal sailing you MUST have a Passport.

Furthermore, I hesitate to agree that anyone who is a late arrival can just walk to the front of any check-in line. You are not entitled to cut in line because another member of your party has arrived before. My most recent Disney Cruise Line training was September 10th.

David

A month ago my spouse checked me in at PC and got my KTTW. :eek: :D

This surprised me. We had sailed previously so they used that photo.

Also I signed the paperwork prior, everywhere only one parent/adult needed to sign.

I believe PP was implying the driver returning the rental will need a DL to enter the port, and the others checking-in will need citizenship documents.

Perhaps I'm missing your point. Your original reply was that someone can check you in, without your presence. That isn't the case, nor has it ever been on any cruise line in the past 11 years that I've been an agent. Until your secutity photo has been taken, you may not be issued a cruise card. Certainly anyone in your party can go through the check-in process while you park your car, return a rental vehicle, etc. However, they will not be given your KTTW card.

David

This is true. My point is that the family member can complete all "stuff" for the driver EXCEPT the security photo and being handed the KTTW card. The financial, health, and cruise contract stuff can be done by another adult in the same cabin. My point is that DCL will allow this to happen and then allow the driver to bypass a portion of the line to do a very quick completion of their check in process. And I was clear in my original reply that the family member cannot receive the KTTW card for the absent member but that they could complete the remainder of the check in process.

IF there is a security photo on file from a previous cruise, it is literally a matter of the CM handing the late arrival their KTTW card.

Of course, the dropped off passengers can opt to do only their forms and allow the driver to complete all necessary paperwork on his own when he arrives. He is perfectly able to print off his own signature forms, do his own health questionaire, etc.

Obviously "check-in" means something else to you than to me. Checking you in requires that you be present. An agent cannot swipe your passport or verify your Birth Certificate until you arrive. A good agent will not swipe a credit card with someone else's name on it.

I couldn't and wouldn't print your KTTW card and set it aside, not with 30 other lines open.

While the remainder of the process can be done in your absence as you state, I hesitate to recommend that you appear to "cut in line" for any reason.

David