E Gift Card or Traditional Gift Card ?

seabum

Hey Everyone -

Does anyone have any input as to the pluses and minuses of each type of gift card ?

Hoping to take advantage of the black Friday bonus offer before it expires alter this evening

Thanks a bunch

Hey Everyone -

Does anyone have any input as to the pluses and minuses of each type of gift card ?

Hoping to take advantage of the black Friday bonus offer before it expires alter this evening

Thanks a bunch

I'm sure others have additional thoughts, but I know if I want to use it instantly for say a cruise or excursions or the fun shops I do the e gift card. If I want to use it for my sign and sail account I get a physical gift card and use the kiosk :)

I THINK the difference is that a regular card is a plastic card mailed to you. You take it with you to the ship and add it then. I KNOW the ecard in emailed to you immediately after you buy it complete with all the numbers you need to activate it etc. you can immediately call carnival or your TA and have it applied. The extra promo card must be taken to the ship said carnival when I called and asked. I hope this info is correct. Their explaination online is very poor.

Thanks a bunch - planning on using it for our S&S account on our upcoming cruise in January.

Maybe towards pre booked shore excursion - though that would involve canceling the one we've already booked and rebooking it with the gift card. Might not be worth the trouble.

Just trying to take advantage of the bonus offer.

Thanks again - and smooth sailing whenever you go again