RCI Service Rep Too Quick On The Draw!

cjdixon4

Yesterday evening I called RCI to make a payment on my cruise balance. I've done this many times before over the years with no problem, so I'm comfortable using a live rep. The problem is that when the rep confirmed with me what my final balance was on the cruise, he assumed that I wanted to pay it in FULL, which was far from the case...LOL! Of course, he charged the total outstanding balance to my card instead of the smaller amount.

Anyway, his supervisor informed me that it would take 3 business days to refund the amount taken in error. I'm fine with that. I am however, the type who will follow this closely until it's completed, and if it ISN'T I'd like a number other than the usual Customer Service to reach out to get it expedited.

My question: Isn't there a number to a Resolutions Dept. for RCI? Seems as though I recall that number being posted on a thread, but I can't for the life of me find it. Anybody have it? If you have it, I'd sure appreciate it...just in case! ;)

I noted this number (800-205-9812) from another post, but have not had occasion to try it.

That number connects you to the same rotary as the number on the website. It is the best number to call, select Option 4 (Existing Reservations), they should be able to resolve any issues, if not, ask for Resolutions.

Why not just pay the balance due when it's due? Seems like these "payment plans" people put themselves on serve no purpose other than to lead to exactly this type of screwup...:confused:

I think whether you pay in full at final payment time or whether you prefer to pay it off in intervals you set for yourself, it is still the responsibility of the customer service rep to repeat what he/she is putting on your card before processing it.

I have paid for cruises both ways. When I pay it off monthly, I always specify the amount and make sure they repeat it before I provide the card number. Last cruise I was paying for five people. It just worked out better for us to pay it off in smaller amounts. They are set up to take partial payments - this customer service rep was not thinking.

Why not just pay the balance due when it's due? Seems like these "payment plans" people put themselves on serve no purpose other than to lead to exactly this type of screwup...:confused:

Leisure, your point is well taken. However, "people" as you referenced, need to do what works for THEM. If you read my post thoroughly, you would note that I said that I have paid this way many times prior. I'm not upset about it; stuff happens. I know that the issue will be rectified. The specific question was whether someone had the number to Resolutions, and I got the response that I needed.

I think whether you pay in full at final payment time or whether you prefer to pay it off in intervals you set for yourself, it is still the responsibility of the customer service rep to repeat what he/she is putting on your card before processing it.

I have paid for cruises both ways. When I pay it off monthly, I always specify the amount and make sure they repeat it before I provide the card number. Last cruise I was paying for five people. It just worked out better for us to pay it off in smaller amounts. They are set up to take partial payments - this customer service rep was not thinking.

Kathy, thanks. Couldn't have expressed it better. I kind of had a feeling that my simple request for a phone number would head down a bunny trail...but it's all good. LOL ;)