Quick Question on Drink Packages

SharkByte

Can you buy a drink package halfway through the cruise?

Certainly they only charge for the remaining days?

Thanks,

Yes, you can buy a partial package and they only charge you for the remaining days.

You must purchase for at least 4 days, and whenever you purchase, the package has to extend to the end of the cruise.

Yes, you can buy a partial package and they only charge you for the remaining days.

You must purchase for at least 4 days, and whenever you purchase, the package has to extend to the end of the cruise.

Thanks for the info.

Figured I would purchase on day two, as it would be tough to get my moneys worth on day one.

Thanks for the info.

Figured I would purchase on day two, as it would be tough to get my moneys worth on day one.

It's an average. And judging by the people barely making it through muster vertically, it's apparently possible to get one's money's worth in as little as four hours. (I don't recommend trying, though. There's a whole evening for that.)

Interesting. While on Independence on May, I heard a cruiser ask the fellow selling the drink packages if he could wait until halfway through the cruise to buy the beverage package. The staff member said No, it was only on sale Day 1 and 2 of the cruise.

So, if one can buy the package part of the way through...how does one do it. The tables are not set up anymore. Can one go to guest services to purchase it...or go to any bar to purchase it?

Do you think that would be be applicable to the Royal Replenish as well, or just to packages with liquor?

Sorry for all the questions..:o Thanks for any answers!! :D

Interesting. While on Independence on May, I heard a cruiser ask the fellow selling the drink packages if he could wait until halfway through the cruise to buy the beverage package. The staff member said No, it was only on sale Day 1 and 2 of the cruise.

So, if one can buy the package part of the way through...how does one do it. The tables are not set up anymore. Can one go to guest services to purchase it...or go to any bar to purchase it?

Do you think that would be be applicable to the Royal Replenish as well, or just to packages with liquor?

Sorry for all the questions..:o Thanks for any answers!! :D

You should be able to go to any bar and buy a package part way through the cruise. However, there must be at least 4 days left in the cruise when you buy.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

Edited by clarea

You should be able to go to any bar and buy a package part way through the cruise. However, there must be at least 4 days left in the cruise when you buy.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

Thank you Clarea. I didn't know that. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My DH called Royal last night and they told him that he could buy the package for specific days of the cruise. For example only the at sea days. Sounds pretty suspect to me.

Has anyone done this? We are on the Explorer on December 27.

Thanks!

Juie

Hi everyone,

My DH called Royal last night and they told him that he could buy the package for specific days of the cruise. For example only the at sea days. Sounds pretty suspect to me.

Has anyone done this? We are on the Explorer on December 27.

Thanks!

Juie

It could be that they changed their policy, but I think it's more likely that you were given incorrect information.

Here is what the website currently says:

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the info.

The first day is probably when I get most of my money's worth!!..I would probably spend close to the full cost of the package the first day if I had to pay for each drink.....