Tell me about the Oosterdam

rslinky

Have booked our first cruise tour with HAL. Have been reading these message boards and have noticed that the Oosterdam seems to get very little mention compared to other HAL ships. I am very curious to hear your thoughts either good or bad about her. Thanks much.

It's closest sister ship is Zuiderdam but it is also part of the Vista Class with Westerdam and Noordam.

I've been on oosterdam several times and love the ship. I think you'll have a great time.

Oh, and there's an elephant riding a skateboard :)

I've only sailed the Oosterdam once, for 28 days last spring, but feel I can make a valid assessment. I thought it was one of the best run ships I have sailed. Service was wonderful! I was treated like a queen.

Over the years I have found the Front desk to be adequate at best, and oftentimes just going through the motions. On the Oosterdam it was exceptionally good. I had several difficulties, more than one of my own making :o, and they always greeted me with a smile and genuine concern. Better still, they fixed the problems! Even the one I created.

Even though the itinerary was not my first choice, I was sorry to leave that ship. I would book it again eagerly.