Rooms ready when you board?

JMG

I was on the Nov 23 - Dec 01 cruise and my room was available at 11:30 am when i boarded the ship. I was on deck 6 obstructed view balcony. The key was outside my room in an envelope. There were other rooms next to mine that we still being cleaned without envelopes outside the door at 11:30. I think it just depends how fast your room steward is.

On the 11/21 sailing the doors to the hallways were closed with signs that said the rooms would be available at 11:30. I tried to enter the hallway (Deck 6 aft) at 11:10 just after I boarded and was promptly told by a cabin attendant to come back after 11:30.

On the 11/23 sailing I was able to move my luggage to the new room around 9:30 but the room wasnt cleaned and ready until later in the morning. The signs on the hallway doors (which were closed again) said rooms would be ready by 12:00 this sailing. I was on Deck 13 forward and noticed most rooms in that area seemed to be ready around 11:30-12:15 timeframe.

~Julie

On the Nov 18th sailing, we were told in the terminal that we didn't need to check our luggage and we could carry them on because the rooms would be available upon boarding. Well, that wasn't the case, and we didn't have access until 1pm, so we had to take our luggage to the WJ during lunchtime (which isn't as bad as it sounds because the WJ is remarkably spacious and uncrowded, even on boarding day)

Our room was not available on the inaugural until 1pm. They had the fire doors closed, so we couldn't even get our seapass cards. However, when we were in the 270 bar waiting, Suzie Q didn't question us when we said we had a drink package and promptly handed over drinks to us (which was unexpected and very nice).

In general, I think they have cut housekeeping staff significantly. Our room typically wasn't made up until around 1pm each day. Our attendant was very good, and thorough, I just think he had way too much to do. And no more assistant stateroom attendants.