What to do with luggage - post cruise train between cities

DDEMOM

I am considering taking the train from Rome to Florence to Venice and possible back to Rome following my cruise. Is there anywhere I can store my luggage from the cruise in Rome for a few days so that I don't have to carry all of the luggage from the cruise on the train (travel lighter for the few days). Is this even possible? Thanks.

I am considering taking the train from Rome to Florence to Venice and possible back to Rome following my cruise. Is there anywhere I can store my luggage from the cruise in Rome for a few days so that I don't have to carry all of the luggage from the cruise on the train (travel lighter for the few days). Is this even possible? Thanks.

Of course, you can store it at Termini station: http://www.romatermini.com/en/service/detail/left-luggage

Agree with "Euro" that Termini is probably your best bet although I believe it will cost you about 15 Euros per day/piece. Also beware that they might want to search your luggage (in your presence) so you might not want to have all your dirty underwear on top :).

There is another possibility which we have used in the past. If you are planning on spending some time in Rome and would use the same hotel the night you get off the cruise and also at the end of your land trip, you can ask the hotel to store your luggage. Many decent hotels will hold the luggage for free (or a small fee) as long as you are returning to that same hotel.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Actually, Hank, we have had hotels in Italy agree to store luggage for multiple days after just staying there one night. We just returned to the hotel to pick it and went on to our next destination so it is possible. Never hurts to ask

Edited by CathyCruises

Actually, Hank, we have had hotels in Italy agree to store luggage for multiple days after just staying there one night. We just returned to the hotel to pick it and went on to our next destination so it is possible. Never hurts to ask

Agree! And sometimes a little "gift" to the concierge or head bellman can do wonders :).

Hank