7 Night Dream vs 6 night Breeze

mommiemudd

Looking at these two ships for our fall break next year. Same stops-difference is one sea day. Dream out of New Orleans and Breeze out of Miami. Same driving distance for us. We sailed the Sunshine in October and the kids LOVED the sports square and the 2.0 upgrades. Afraid they might be bored without these activities. I would rather have one more day at sea. But we don't want the kids to be bored. Mainly the boys that will be 10 & 11. :D Looking for advice from anyone that has sailed both with kids! TIA!

I didn't take kids on the ship, but I'm basically a big kid. For me, the Dream is by far my favorite ship. Breeze is somewhere in the middle of the pack. Both have great waterparks. The 2 big slides are almost identical. Dream has twin 1-story racer slides that Breeze doesn't have. Breeze has the structure & dump bucket that Dream doesn't have. Overall, I give a very slight edge to Breeze with the waterpark, but they are both so much fun.

The lack of the ropes course & the sport square thing on Dream is a downside to that ship. I never used the sport square on Breeze. I went on the ropes course a couple times. It was fun, but not something that I spent much time with. Dream has a much larger mini golf course, 18 holes. Dream has 2 hot tubs on deck 11 above the main pool that Breeze doesn't have. No extra hot tubs anywhere else on Breeze; they just eliminated them & replaced them with empty space. Dream doesn't have Guys burgers or Blue Iguana, but I see that a positive. Dream was serving up regular burgers, sandwiches, and other things late into the evening for those late cravings. But Breeze has only pizza from about 8:00 on, so it was crazy busy there every night all the time. Dream will have a huge late night Mexican buffet during one of the deck parties; Breeze will have chips & dip only. So with those 2.0 branded places on Breeze, you lose some things also. Dream will still have unbranded burgers & an unbranded burrito bar for lunch.

This probably doesn't matter to the kids, but the Dream will have much better shows in the theater at night. The Dream has the best nighttime shows of any Carnival ship, while the Breeze has probably the worst.

For me personally, New Orleans & the extra day & the better shows clinches the win for the Dream. Both ships will be equally crowded. The negatives of one will be true of the other (only 2 pools, all balconies except for coves overlook a public deck on deck 5).

Edited by k2excursion

I didn't take kids on the ship, but I'm basically a big kid. For me, the Dream is by far my favorite ship. Breeze is somewhere in the middle of the pack. Both have great waterparks. The 2 big slides are almost identical. Dream has twin 1-story racer slides that Breeze doesn't have. Breeze has the structure & dump bucket that Dream doesn't have. Overall, I give a very slight edge to Breeze with the waterpark, but they are both so much fun.

The lack of the ropes course & the sport square thing on Dream is a downside to that ship. I never used the sport square on Breeze. I went on the ropes course a couple times. It was fun, but not something that I spent much time with. Dream has a much larger mini golf course, 18 holes. Dream has 2 hot tubs on deck 11 above the main pool that Breeze doesn't have. No extra hot tubs anywhere else on Breeze; they just eliminated them & replaced them with empty space. Dream doesn't have Guys burgers or Blue Iguana, but I see that a positive. Dream was serving up regular burgers, sandwiches, and other things late into the evening for those late cravings. But Breeze has only pizza from about 8:00 on, so it was crazy busy there every night all the time. Dream will have a huge late night Mexican buffet during one of the deck parties; Breeze will have chips & dip only. So with those 2.0 branded places on Breeze, you lose some things also. Dream will still have unbranded burgers & an unbranded burrito bar for lunch.

This probably doesn't matter to the kids, but the Dream will have much better shows in the theater at night. The Dream has the best nighttime shows of any Carnival ship, while the Breeze has probably the worst.

For me personally, New Orleans & the extra day & the better shows clinches the win for the Dream. Both ships will be equally crowded. The negatives of one will be true of the other (only 2 pools, all balconies except for coves overlook a public deck on deck 5).

Breeze has four hot tubs on deck 5... Two on each side. We used every night since seems not a lot of people either know or use them.

Looking at these two ships for our fall break next year. Same stops-difference is one sea day. Dream out of New Orleans and Breeze out of Miami. Same driving distance for us. We sailed the Sunshine in October and the kids LOVED the sports square and the 2.0 upgrades. Afraid they might be bored without these activities. I would rather have one more day at sea. But we don't want the kids to be bored. Mainly the boys that will be 10 & 11. :D Looking for advice from anyone that has sailed both with kids! TIA!

A month ago from the Breeze and loved it. Booked Dream for next November but just switched to Liberty from San Juan in favor of itinerary more then a ship.

Breeze has four hot tubs on deck 5... Two on each side. We used every night since seems not a lot of people either know or use them.

Same is true on Dream. Dream has all the hot tubs that Breeze has, plus Dream has those 2 on deck 11 above the main pool that Breeze doesn't have. So 2 extra on Dream, if that matters to anyone. I enjoy the main pool/waterslides area, so I didn't like that Breeze had no hot tubs anywhere near that area.