What do you get at the grocery store in Roatan?

calicostorms

:confused: I see a lot of people saying that their tour guides took them to local grocery stores (apparently upon request). My question is what are you getting? I certainly can see that you might want to get true ethnic foods and spices, but exactly what items are you looking for?

Thanks

Many cruisers buy beer for their tour (cheaper than at the bars, where beers are cheaper than beers on the ship). Some buy Honduran coffee as you can get larger quantities of really nice coffee at lower prices than the local roaster sells at the cruiseports or shops on the West End. There are 2 main grocery stores, one in Coxen Hole, a short walk from the pier, and the other up in French Harbor, a taxi ride from either cruise port. These stores are really local grocery stores with food items used by locals. The fresh veggies and fruit can be good, but you can't bring these back to the ship. You might find some local Honduran brand spices that you can't find at home, if you want to try. Prices are geared to local $, but remember nearly everything you see in the stores comes in on the ferry.