Is there a big difference btw S-Class and M-Class ships? Will it be a downgrade?

2Nkotb

I'm so glad that you posted this question. I had no idea that the singers for S class were booked differently than the ones on M Class. I've only been on one S Class and it had the worst party band of any of the other X cruises that we have taken. All of my other cruises have been M Class and Century. M Class and Century provided much better dancing. Since DW and I love to dance every night and we prefer an older classic feel, I'll take M Class every time.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I had no idea either until the last day of our last Connie cruise. Some dancers and singers were sitting in one of the venues having a drink so we bought them a round and started chatting for a while. I told them I noticed the vocals on the ship were far better than any other cruise I've been on and then they asked me which ships I've sailed. They then explained the difference. Not that they were bashing the talent agency that books talent for the S Class but just stating the fact there were two different companies. All the dancers were from the UK....I forget where the singers hailed from but they were booked through the same agency.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've been on several of each and these are the differences for us.

• Persian gardens. Many prefer these on S-class. I do not. They are larger and have more variety on M-class. They lack the view that S-class has, but in the end there are something like 7 tile loungers for 3,000 passengers, so you do the math. I also recall the sauna in the changing room being larger on M-class.
  • Indoor pool. Actually better on M-class (thalassotherapy pool).
  • S-class has the molecular bar which is always fun, but the menu has been pretty stagnant for a while.
  • S-class has more public areas in general.
  • S-class ships have the smaller theater where in the past they have done shows like Sin City comedy, although they didn't seem to offer that on our recent Equinox sailing.
  • If you plan to spend time at the Martini Bar, it's a nicer and more spacious venue on the S-class ships.
  • Gastro Bar (currently Equinox only) is a nice addition and a welcome replacement to Cellar Masters.

Overall we certainly prefer S-class, but it's not a slam dunk. We'd sail on any of the M-class ships again if the itinerary and timing are right.