Alcove Question

swegert

I am considering booking an alcove on the Reflection for a port day or a sea day. I notice that they seem to face inward onto the lawn. Can they be reconfigured to face outward to the sea?

What, you will be on a cruise ship and you want to look out onto the ocean? :eek:

We had an alcove last year on the Silhouette. It faces the lawn, but you see the ocean across through the other side. I will say it was well worth it for us. We enjoyed having deck space without having to fight for a chair. Very relaxing and quiet. Just a few steps from the Sunset Bar. We will miss it next year on the Summit.

We just got off Reflection 11/15/14, and booked an alcove for the week. As mentioned, they are wide open to the lawn, but have 2 entrance panels abot 3 ft each that you can leave open to have direct ocean view.This also lets the breeze flow on port days. The furniture can be moved to what ever configuartion you desire. They are not for everyone, but it works really well for us.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks to all. All day what we were hoping for. Online description states duration is 2 hours. Not sure what that's about:confused:

I know, odd right? I reserved one online for our upcoming cruise and the time shown is something like 3:00 a.m. through 5:00 a.m. for the day I reserved it. Is suspect it would be hard to get the advertised drink and food service at that time ;)

I know, odd right? I reserved one online for our upcoming cruise and the time shown is something like 3:00 a.m. through 5:00 a.m. for the day I reserved it. Is suspect it would be hard to get the advertised drink and food service at that time ;)

Phone Specialty Dining and confirm times and reservations: 800-722-8941. I have never booked online because I usually have a ton of questions and I like to talk to someone lol

We have a total of 6 folks sailing in 3 different cabins. Would we all be able to utilize the alcove as we come and go throughout the day? Not likely that all six of us would be there for any length of time. If your rental day is a rain out:(, do you rec any credit back? TIA:)

They are designed for 4 but several groups did just what you said. As long as there are no more than 6 there were no issues. It just puts a little more load on the alcove attendant so tip him or her generously...you will get full credit if it rains and you cancel

They are designed for 4 but several groups did just what you said. As long as there are no more than 6 there were no issues. It just puts a little more load on the alcove attendant so tip him or her generously...you will get full credit if it rains and you cancel

How much notice required to cancel, 24hr? Thanks!

On our last cruise we booked an Alcove for three days and we given a 20% discount.

We had to ask up at the Lawn Club grill, guest relations could not help us.

We enjoyed having somewhere to sit without all the worry :)

The discount for 6 days was 20% when I booked recently. The only catch is that it comes in the form of reimbursement OBC. I was told to talk to customer service when we get on board to make sure the 20% is credited to our account.

We just got off Reflection 11/15/14, and booked an alcove for the week. As mentioned, they are wide open to the lawn, but have 2 entrance panels abot 3 ft each that you can leave open to have direct ocean view.This also lets the breeze flow on port days. The furniture can be moved to what ever configuartion you desire. They are not for everyone, but it works really well for us.

We also booked an alcove on the Reflection last March and loved it. Here are a couple of pictures I took that show the two glass panels that can be opened up to enjoy the view, if desired. I hope this is helpful!

IMG_8350.jpg

IMG_8357.jpg

Edited by Smurfette76
Corrected the photo link.

Phone Specialty Dining and confirm times and reservations: 800-722-8941. I have never booked online because I usually have a ton of questions and I like to talk to someone lol

Thanks Christine. I originally booked online and then re-booked the Alcove to another day via telephone call to X when my itinerary got changed, and we discussed the time shown issue, so I am pretty sure it will be ok. I think this is just one of the infamous website glitches.

We booked 2 Alcoves on the Silhouette. Tip; the Alcove is assigned when you arrive at the Alcove location; so if you want to have the "pick of the litter" go up early the day you have requested OR go up the day ahead and speak with the Alcove attendant. He/she will do their best to accommodate your needs.

We used the Alcove at varied times throughout the 3 days we had them; had 4-6 people at any one time; used the iPad provided in the Alcove and found the experience worth the price.

The attendant provided great service; offered suggestions on other activities and was gracious to take photos in the oversized large adorondack chairs on the lawn.

Enjoy!