Freedom or Jewel out of Texas?

tdelano

Our first cruise. Have narrowed the choices to 6 Day Freedom or 7 Day Jewel due to cost and port. We are looking for bargain vacation that will get us to the ocean so lowest cabin. Couple in 40's, very casual, most important to us are the stops and both cruises have things we are intersted in. THe Jewels option for dining at a table for two appeals. What other pro/cons should I consider? Thanks for any advice!!

Can't comment on either of those ships. I have sailed Conquest out of Galveston but her home port has changed.

Have sailed Magic out of Galveston twice. Seven day western Caribbean, and loved it. Have her booked again for next June.

Not sure you could go wrong with your choice. Happy cruising!

We have sailed both ships and hands down the winner is Carnival Freedom!!! We have sailed the Freedom twice and both were before her 2.0 upgrades. So, I can only imagine how much better she is now.

You can read my detailed picture review of our Jewel cruise earlier this year to get my opinion of how the Jewel compares to Carnival. It was a nice ship, but we really missed the comedy club, sea side theater, and "fun" atmosphere. Evening activities seemed to be lacking compared to Carnival. Now, if food is your priority, then you should definitely consider the Jewel. Lots of great food options, both free and additional fees.

Also, if you are looking for a bargain, Carnival's pack and go unassigned (guarantee) cabin prices are the lowest in the industry. Carnival's interior cabin are larger than the Jewel's interior cabins.