Getting to Thurn and Taxis Palace

nelderwoman

Hi

We are going to Regensburg on a Viking River Cruise

I want to visit the Thurn and Taxis Palace.

Viking are offering a visit as a paid extra, I wonder is it easy to get there on our own or would it be easier to go with Viking

Any tips how to get there gratefully received

Thanks

Hm. My info may be outdated as we visited in 2013. We were independent; arrived by train as a day trip, and walked around the city all day. When we wanted to visit T&T, we just walked over and bought tickets to the next available tour.

It wasn't a long walk from the riverfront area, probably 1km from the Old Stone Bridge. I think the boats dock a little further from here, so add a few hundred meters.

Nice place to visit. No pictures allowed inside.

I was in Regensburg on a Tauck cruise this summer. In my case, the palace was an included tour, and I found it to be an amazing place to visit. It was an easy walk from the ship through a charming town.

My guess is that the main advantage of the Viking tour is one of time. Presumably, they will bus you there and they will have arranged for a tour to start when you get there. On your own, you will need to factor in the walking time and a wait for the next guided tour. Will you have the time? If, so go for it, and be sure to go to the separate museums that have the family treasures and carriages.