ecstacy v sky v majesty of the seas

dettlja

I have the May 4 Ecstacy cruise booked so we can see Rascal Flatts. DH and I were thinking of extending our trip a few days prior to cruise and going to universal studios or disney. Then it occurred to me to do b2b. The 3 ships available for a Friday to Monday 3 day are Ecstacy, NCL Sky or RCCL majesty of the seas. I know they are all older ships with less features.

Any opinions on which is better? Ecstacy we could get the same room b2b but the 1st itinerary sucks. I've only cruised Carnival so I dont know anything about the other 2 lines.

It will just be my d and I (ages 51 and 38).

Id love to hear from anyone whose been on these ships.

Thanks!

Jaimee

I've done "Ecstasy" recently, and "Majesty" a long time ago. Never done "Sky", because I personally, don't like the way NCL has changed their dining choices, so it's OUT for me. As you noted, they're all older ships, but If I were in your shoes, I'd absolutely opt for a B2B aboard Ecstasy. That way, you wouldn't have to pack, and move. You could just stay aboard, and relax while everyone else is stressing about getting off the ship, etc. Also, IMO, Ecstasy is an outstanding ship, with a great crew and fun, fun, fun. It's a "no brainer" for me! Stay aboard "Ecstasy". :cool:

"SKY"

On the 4 night portion, I prefer the Ecstasy's itinerary. However for the weekend portion I'd go with one of the other two simply because they visit their private islands. Also, since you mention that you've never sailed on either Royal or Norwegian, it may be the perfect opportunity to sample what these two cruise lines have to offer. Yes, you'll be swapping ships, but how cool will it be to feel the thrill of embarkation twice on the same trip?

Although all 3 ships are older, I think that they are more than adequate for a short, weekend getaway. Personally, I've not sailed on NCL, but I've been on Royal, including Majesty's sister (Monarch), and needless to say I've been on Fantasy class ships on Carnival a few times. Based on ship and itinerary, I would pick Majesty over Ecstasy for that second portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I have been on MoS and the Sky (when she was Pride of Aloha) but not Ecstasy. I think I would be torn between choosing the better itinerary (private island) and the convenience of staying on the same ship. If you stay on the E for both, then you could do some ports and use the other port days as "ship days" and just relax.

I've been on Majesty and Sky. I haven't been on Ecstasy but I've been on several other Fantasy-class ships and they are all pretty similar.

I think you'll be shocked by the cabin size going from Ecstasy to Majesty. The Sovereign-class ships have teeny, tiny cabins. The cabins on Sky are larger than on Majesty but they have a mini-fridge that eats up a lot of storage space.

I liked the specialty dining on Sky, especially the French restaurant. But you don't have to pay extra - the main dining room is pretty much like Your Time Dining on Carnival.

Staying on the same ship has a lot of advantages. But I think I'd pick Majesty or Sky for the private islands. Just my personal preference - my husband and I prefer ports over sea days.

We liked the Ecstasy for our 5-day cruise well enough but I was ready to be done with the ship after 5 days...not sure I would want to do a B2B. Part of it may be that I didn't like Freeport (at all) or Nassau (ok, but not great). Our best day was the private island. Our last sea day was awful due to bad weather--prob the main reason I wanted off the ship. I like to experience new things too...I'd go with Ecstacy and another ship even though there would be a slight hassle of changing ships. I'd probably stay with Carnival instead of switching lines though.

I have been on all three, the Sky most recently. The hassle of changing ships for such a short trip might make me want to do a B2B on the Ecstasy. If I had to change ships I would go for the Majesty. Just remember the cabins are much smaller on both the Sky and Majesty as someone pointed out earlier. If you are doing a balcony the Sky has several, where on the Majesty only junior suites and above have balconies. Have a great trip!