28/29 day CROWN PRINCESS Hawaii/South Pacific Oct 2014

FoghornLeghorn

Great review Reba. We are on the October 2015 cruise and your review

helped to lessen my anxieties regarding what to do on all those see days.

I wonder if you know whether or not they have Yoga classes on board.:rolleyes:

Thank you :)

I tossed all the Patters awhile back from that cruise, but I do not remember any. They had Zumba everyday or almost everyday.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Great review Reba. We are on the October 2015 cruise and your review

helped to lessen my anxieties regarding what to do on all those see days.

I wonder if you know whether or not they have Yoga classes on board.:rolleyes:

I just looked through some of the Patters I saved from this sailing. I didn't see Yoga, but I think that might be something they offer in the Lotus Spa fitness center for a fee. Just as Reba said, they had Zumba each morning.

Hi everyone,

I'm very interested in booking the 2016 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific Cruise from LA. Could anyone tell me when it probably will be available for booking?

Thanks,

Gail

it's already available for booking . Has been for almost 8 months.

Reba, We loved the cruise too and would do it again too( with a different activity in Tahiti, for sure)!

I also downloaded a bunch of books on two different Kindles, one for me and one for Chuck and neither one of us read any of the books completely!

One other little note on the ports, which for the most part had us dealing with pretty hot weather.....As we returned to the ship each day, there was the crew handing out ice cold washcloths to help us cool off! They were there for every port and I thought it was a VERY nice touch!!

Great review Reba and it was nice to meet you.

It was a great cruise and we had a fantastic time.

Yes, the Future Cruise guy was more than a little upset about the person not getting off and the internet manager had a rough 29 days.

The only two negatives for us were the audio problems ship wide the whole cruise and the almost non-existent internet after we left Bora Bora. We ended up not using 320 minutes of our internet and wasting about 200 minutes trying to connect.

When they make a ship-wide announcement it cuts the audio ship wide (TV's, lounges, everywhere) so I'm wondering if all the audio cutouts were due to something wrong with that system because it was ship wide.

We have some friends on the ship now and will be interested if they experience audio problems. We get back on the ship in Jan.

Our wonderful waiter had medical problems with 6 days to go. Kidney stones and kidney problems our Jr. waiter told us. Hope he is well again as we want to request him again in January.

Oh, and thanks for the double D batteries. Those ought to last her more than just one day :)

Reba and I thought the Double D's were perfect for you!! ;) (Inside Joke for those not on our sailing!) :D

We had the BEST group!! And yes, Reba did a most amazing job!! She is now doing it for our next cruise.....so helpful!!

We have found a life long friend in Reba! We're looking forward to our 3rd and 4th cruise with Reba next Spring!! We are so blessed!!

We are going on this same cruise in 2015. I would like to ask if you got any of the shots suggested by the CDC, for example, hep A or Thyphoid. Also what about the Mosquitos...was that an issue on any of the islands. I had never given any of this a thought until it was brought up on our shutterfly page.

We didn't get any of the shots either.....if there was a shot for Noro virus, we would have gotten that one, however!! Maybe they should invent one!!

We came prepared for the mosquitos and used mosquito "wipes" before we went out. Probably didn't need them, but just wanted to be on the safe side.

I exchanged some money ahead of time, since there were a few tours guides who requested payment in their currency. (I ordered mine from my Bank of America and then went and picked it up from the bank!

Really enjoyed our 29 day cruise but we are still trying to get ALL our extra expense money back from Princess!

Anyone else having the same problems!

Florida Fanny

Don't hold your breath!! We got our airline change fees back and a bit of OBC for our next cruise from Princess. They absolutely refused to give us any more. We finally got the money for our extra expenses from our cruise insurance (trip interruption). We got the max benefit which was almost $400 short of what it actually cost us.

Any luck up to this point?

Hello,

I am new to this site and am happy to have had it recommended to me. Posts thus far are helpful, informative, and fun to read. In October 2015, I'm sailing on the Crown Princess to Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa ... I'm hoping to communicate here with fellow travelers to that location.

Thanks,

ariel playe

Ariel, have you signed up on the Roll Call for your cruise? That's where you will meet some of the folks sailing with you! Many people plan private tours and you may be able to join some of those!!

Reba and Susan thank you for taking the time to respond. Zumba should be fun especially if we do it on the outside deck.:p

On our sailing they did Zumba in the mornings (9am I think) in Club Fusion....but I think the location is dependent on who is running it and the size of the crowd!

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for all of your fabulous info!! We're the seas calm or rough? Would love to do this trip, but am a bit nervous about the thought of having rough seas......(although it's never been an issue before...!)

Thanks so much for all of your fabulous info!! We're the seas calm or rough? Would love to do this trip, but am a bit nervous about the thought of having rough seas......(although it's never been an issue before...!)

The only rough seas I remember was the first day out of L.A.

Which is pretty much the norm.

But, it wasn't bad.

I always take a Bonine (non-drowsy) the night before we embark.

It's good for 24 hours and that way it's in my system in case of any rough seas the first day. I usually take it the first night on board also. Then only take it again if the seas get rough. Just a precaution, as once you start feeling sea sick, it's too late - you need to have the medicine in your system.

I do, however, take a bottle of Ginger tablets. I take one each morning at breakfast. No side effects.

Then knowing that it is sometimes rough seas around L.A. I take a Bonine on the last sea day before disembarking the next morning.

• 6 months later...
Thanks for bumping this up Joannie. We can't wait for this cruise this October.[emoji6]

You are going to love it!!!

(Caution: If you go to the Market in Tahiti, please be very mindful of what you eat while there....just my theory, but I think that is where DH got Norovirus. We had quite a few after that last port with the virus)

You are going to love it!!!

(Caution: If you go to the Market in Tahiti, please be very mindful of what you eat while there....just my theory, but I think that is where DH got Norovirus. We had quite a few after that last port with the virus)

Thanks, I've included your tip on my do's and don't list.[emoji6]