Could someone post a review on...

vicocala

the Amigos, the stop Coral Breeze uses for its food service when tubing ? I would like to know quality, quantity, service and the menu.

Also, while I am asking, has anyone went tubing the past couple of weeks? With it currently being rainy season I would be interested in knowing the river conditions as they presently exist (if that is indeed possible to do) :cool:

Thanks!

I honestly don't remember the name of the place being called Amigos...I don't think I ever heard the name!

It is an open air cafe just right off the river. They had a couple of tables reserved for Coral Breeze customers. Our guide helped get our drinks...it comes with a punch that is very good. You can order soda or bar drinks for extra money. A waitress brought out our food but we didn't see her again until dessert...our guide was really the server.

The food was wonderful. BBQ chicken, rice, fried plantain, three bean salad, another salad that consisted of cole slaw, pineapple and other things, and a yummy bread! I loved that bread!!! We had a choice of dessert chocolate or banana nut (it was a cross between a muffin and a piece of cake). It was all great! You will love it!

We ate at Amigos when we tubed with Wet & Wild last January. It is a quaint little place in the middle of nowhere. The food is good, the service good and the casual atmosphere is a relief from the crowded lines of the cruise ship. It is not all you can eat, but I don't know anyone that left hungry.

We were there last week and it was raining before we started. The river was up a little but the tubing was fine with our kids 12-16. The guides kept us together and a couple of people came out of their tubes but no real concerns. FS

Thanks. Was it an all you can eat kinda thing or just a single plate with everything included on it?

It was a single platter...it was a lot of food. We are big eaters and we were stuffed!! I believe the chicken was a leg, thigh, and wing. Huge piece of that yummy bread! Giant muffin...we all wanted a nap! It was quiet in the van on the way back until we got to the city and our guide started telling us more about Belize City. We went to dinner that night but we were really not hungry at all!

Amigos is great! I am a very picky eater and the food was wonderful. cave-tubing.com already had a deal worked out with the restaurant so we got 2 pieces of chicken, rice, cole slaw, and a drink for $5.00 and it was very filling. And on the condition of the river-we were just there last week the river was a little high so it was running a little fast, but we had no problems. It is a lot of fun!

Thanks again everyone, I will experience it myself on Tuesday unless Carnival changes the itenerary around which they are not expected to do!

See ya when I get home, gotta get some sleep, it is a big day today!

Archived