Is this true,,,,,,say it isnt so about the quantum

ante2001

Yes there have been a few that thought DD and the new ship would be the end of RCI and that the stock would plummet. Funny how it's at an all time high and heading higher.:D

Only because it was added to the S&P which made all members of the S&P buy the shares.

Never again will I sail the Quantum:(

As a quasi-regular on the Disney, Carnival, and now the RCI section, I have watched each line roll out new ships.

For a brand new ship, the "It sucked!!!" threads seem to always come right at the start, the crew mesh and things get fixed, and then things start to work out.

I do not get why long time cruise critic people are surprised ships are not great right out of the gate. That is a recurring theme across lines.

The company obviously know what it is doing, even if you don't like it. Their stock just made the S&P 500 and is already climbing again. The company is extremely profitable.

Apple would be extremely profitable, RCI not so much. RCI looks good compared to other cruise lines, but single digit profit margins are not exactly "extreme" worthy.:cool:

We recently stayed at Disney in Orlando, on property, first time in many years....

We were very disappointed with the Magic Bands, making dinner reservations every day, and in the end, how expensive it turned out to be....they charge you for every little thing....

We both missed the way cruising handled it all....

And yes, all staff (cast) members walked around with tablets which was convenient sometimes.

Now I realize, starting with the Quantum, RCI is headed the same way...it is not as bad, YET, but they are setting themselves up for a major shift in the way cruises will be conducted. The framework is there, and they can make subtle changes here and there until after 5-10 years it will be all different.

It has become after all a large theme park - resort in itself as opposed to a way of getting to the attractions (ports)

It may be possible the entire cruise industry will head that way in a attempt to be more efficient, make more $$....