wine package

nana of twins

does celebrity have any wine packages where you can purchase, say 5 bottles of wine, instead of what I see on line - over $100 per person, per day.

Celebrity indeed has Wine Pkgs... Classic - Premium - and Build Your Own

Prices start at $ 109 US for the smallest Classic Pkg, $ 149 US for the smallest Premium Pkg, and $ 191.25 US for the smallest Custom Pkg

Prices are per pkg based on what types of wines you choose (which list) as well as how many bottles... And not by the day, or per person

Celebrity's Website - Bevvy Pkgs - Wine Pkgs Pg = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_wine_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_wine

Cheers!

Note that 15% gratuity is added to prices of wine packages.

No need to pre-purchase wine through the website before your cruise. Wine stewards will offer them. They also in our experience will offer to set one up for you retroactively after you've enjoyed your first bottle during dinner, which gives you a discount off the single bottle price.

• 5 weeks later...

In checking the online pre-cruise info, it says the premium wine package is priced from $149. It doesn't say from what to what, just "from." But far more troubling is that this price is per person, per day! Can my wife and I really drink $300 of wine every day? Seems doubtful.

In checking the online pre-cruise info, it says the premium wine package is priced from $149. It doesn't say from what to what, just "from." But far more troubling is that this price is per person, per day! Can my wife and I really drink $300 of wine every day? Seems doubtful.

The website info on this is poorly designed.

The wine packages are a set price for a set number of bottles which can be shared with as many people as you'd like. They are not priced per person. Unfortunately a lot of the verbiage from the unlimited beverage packages, which are priced per person, incorrectly spills over to the wine package web page.

The "from" price relates to the number of bottles purchased with the $149 being the price for the premium package with 3 bottles and there are also options for 5 or 7 bottles. Here is a link to a slightly outdated advertisement giving the details of this. The advertisement shows a cheaper web price which was eliminated some time ago. The current web and onboard prices are the same and are the ones listed in the far right column: http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

Personally, even though we've bought bottles of wine on our cruise the wine packages never appealed to us. We found that the packages required a selection from a limited selection of similarly priced wine. We preferred to forgo the small discount in exchange for being able to select from the munch larger and more varied list of wines available for sale by the individual bottle. They'll have the current lists of wines available when you board the ship. I do have an older copy of the main dining room wine list but it is a bit dated as it is two years old. However, it is still useful in getting a representative idea of what is available on the ships. The selection for the wine packages are on the last two pages of the list. Click here to see the list: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

We usually do a wine package. The savings are modest, but we find the choices are good enough. Also, the wine package is on your key card, which facilitates the ordering process.

You might try a three bottle package and supplement with individual purchases.

Thanks for the replies. We sailed X a year and a half ago, and I was impressed by how much better the wine selection was than on prior cruises with them. We are winos from wine country, so we'll probably pay the additional freight for wide open choices.

Thanks for the replies. We sailed X a year and a half ago, and I was impressed by how much better the wine selection was than on prior cruises with them. We are winos from wine country, so we'll probably pay the additional freight for wide open choices.

If you are into higher end wines then they do have a "Build your own package" option on board that allows a 15% discount for three or more bottles with a normal selling price of $75 or more. If you're interested ask your Sommelier about it the first night in the dining room. I don't know if you need to commit to it in advance or if you can get it when and if you cross the 3 bottle mark at that price point - although I'd guess it requires an advance commitment.

The website info on this is poorly designed.

The wine packages are a set price for a set number of bottles which can be shared with as many people as you'd like. They are not priced per person. Unfortunately a lot of the verbiage from the unlimited beverage packages, which are priced per person, incorrectly spills over to the wine package web page.

The "from" price relates to the number of bottles purchased with the $149 being the price for the premium package with 3 bottles and there are also options for 5 or 7 bottles. Here is a link to a slightly outdated advertisement giving the details of this. The advertisement shows a cheaper web price which was eliminated some time ago. The current web and onboard prices are the same and are the ones listed in the far right column: http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

Personally, even though we've bought bottles of wine on our cruise the wine packages never appealed to us. We found that the packages required a selection from a limited selection of similarly priced wine. We preferred to forgo the small discount in exchange for being able to select from the munch larger and more varied list of wines available for sale by the individual bottle. They'll have the current lists of wines available when you board the ship. I do have an older copy of the main dining room wine list but it is a bit dated as it is two years old. However, it is still useful in getting a representative idea of what is available on the ships. The selection for the wine packages are on the last two pages of the list. Click here to see the list: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

Understatement of the year Larry!

I have never, ever seen a website so poorly written and completely confusing in my life! Celebrity should really be ashamed! :mad:

I am trying to determine just what one gets with a "classic wine PACKAGE"... is it 3 bottles from that short list for $109?

If I purchased 3 bottles of the Renwood Zin (at $36 ea, and not on a package), that is $108. So where is the savings?

I am confused, and somewhat frustrated that their website is so vague and misleading.

Understatement of the year Larry!

I have never, ever seen a website so poorly written and completely confusing in my life! Celebrity should really be ashamed! :mad:

I am trying to determine just what one gets with a "classic wine PACKAGE"... is it 3 bottles from that short list for $109?

If I purchased 3 bottles of the Renwood Zin (at $36 ea, and not on a package), that is $108. So where is the savings?

I am confused, and somewhat frustrated that their website is so vague and misleading.

I've read comments in the past that, depending on your selection, there might not be any discount at all. But I've never done the math myself. I also don't know how the prices on the list I posted (2 years old) compares to current prices as I don't have a current list to compare it to.