Explorer of the Seas out of Port Canaveral Review

Good Morning friends, I will be back in a bit to do Day 5 Nassau day and as well as debarkation day. Sorry it is taking so long, I just woke up and need to have my GO! GO! Juice first before I get started. Be back in a bit.

Really enjoying the review! But I gotta ask what's da GO!GO! Juice?

Good Evening friends, I am back, Oh what a day. Ok so back to where I left off... Day 5 was Nassau day that The explorer was in Nassau from 7am to 3pm and we Docked next furthest dock far away from the buildings. We got there at around 6:30 and DH and I had ordered room service Breakfast for this day, we had it scheduled to be delivered around 7:30 and we had a knock on the door around 7:15am. We paid the young man a couple of dollars and we sat down and had our hot breakfast, After we ate our breakfast we got dressed and got the back pack ready for the trip into Nassau and then we decided it was still a little early to be going into Nassau so we decided to go up to the Viking Crown and look out and get some pictures of Nassau up high, When we went up their we noticed that two other ship were in port with us, There was the Enchantment of the Seas and the NCL SKY, We had backed into the dock so if you are looking out toward the Channel The Enchantment was on the right of us and the Sky was on the left of us.

We went up and took pictures of Nassau and of the Enchantment and the Sky, Then I noticed that the Carnival ship was coming in so we went down to Deck 12 forward and watched the Carnival Fascination come into port. By the time in was coming in and turning around it was getting close to 9am so DH and I decided to go into Nassau. DH has been there many times and he knows his way around there. They are doing construction on the Building and for right now you have to walk along side the building threw some fencing and gates to get to where you need to go, They have little huts all around for the Vendors that were in the building. then you have to walk up the street to the main street. We took a side ally just to avoid the crowed and people stopping right in the middle of the sidewalk right in front of the wheel chair. I swear I am going to get a red neck horn one of these days for the wheel chair. LOL Anyway we made one stop in the ally to see if they had Daughter in laws special Cigarettes and of course they did not. So we moved on to Main Street.

Next stop was Diamonds International to pick up my pendent. Then we walked around and done a little more shopping and went to the Straw Market, I wanted to get a small purse that would go around my shoulder and I found one for 10 dollars which is not bad, You sometimes can talk them down but sometimes they are hard to talk down. I figured it was not a bad price. After getting that we walked around some more and went down by Senior Frogs and went to the edge and took some pictures of the ship in port. Then we made our slow way back to the ship.

When we got back to the ship I decided that I would go ahead and pack up the room and get everything in order, DH decided he wanted to go back into Nassau and do some more exploring. After I packed up the room I went to deck 12 to catch some nice rays while I was out there the Enchantment was doing their life boat drills, If you ever get a chance to watch that it is really amazing how quick they lower them things and how fast they lift them up. So around 12 ish I went back inside and DH came back at like 2pm and we went up to eat at Johnny Rockets to eat lunch, It was delish, then Came the rain, it did not rain to long. By this time we had eaten our lunch and we were getting ready to set sail, I noticed that while we were eating that there was another ship coming towards Nassau, when we to the front of the ship I took my camera and zoomed in and realized it was the NCL Breakaway slowly making its way into Nassau, they were waiting for us to leave so they could have our spot. We were still forward on Deck 12 and we were on our way leaving Nassau and the NCL Breakaway was going around in circles.

Once we got out of the Channel we were close to the Breakaway and Captain Rick decided to catch me by surprise again and blow the horns 4 times and the Breakaway blew her horns back at us. After we passed the breakaway we decided to go down and get a shower and get ready for dinner, While I was taking a shower and getting ready DH took a short nap and after I was ready I got him up and he went in and took a shower and got ready.

After he got ready at 5:45 they had another parade called ROYALPALLOZA in the Promenade, Then right after that we had to go to dinner on Deck 4 at 6pm We had a really great dinner with our table mates and after dinner we said our good bye's and talked to our Wait staff who I must say was excellent all week long. They had the final show called Farewell Variety show and the show times were at 7:15pm and 9:00 pm We opted to go to the 9pm show again.

When it was over We went up to Deck 4 to get pictures made with Leigh and Erky from Turkey, When we got all that done I knew we were going to be up early and we needed to get the suite case out in the hall way and so I went back up to the room changed into my night clothes and put our dress clothes in the suite case and put our number 9 on the suite case and put it out in the hall. DH wanted to go up to the Viking crown and listen to the band that was up there, I knew we were going to be up early and I knew I had to make the 4 1/2 hour drive home so I opted to go to bed early, I went to sleep around 11pm, DH went up to Viking crown I have no idea what time he came in. The ship was a rocking this night so much so that the hangers in the closet where making noise.

All in all we loved this cruise and we had a great time loved the ship and the crew, The Crew was really excellent and very friendly. I will be back tomorrow to talk about Debarkation. By the Way GO GO JUISE is Coffee. :eek:

Ragen, thanks for the reply. Our trip is Dec 18th, with Cozumel and Coco Cay stops. We have heard of ships not stopping there bc of weather. Enjoying the review by your DW :)

We will be on this date as well! I too am worried about missing Coco Cay, as I really enjoyed it in the past. WAY more fun than Nassau or Freeport imho, and the reason I chose this sailing over another. I sure hope we make it.

And thanks to the OP for the detailed account! Just a week out and I am in full-on cruise prep - which means I can't get enough-lol!