Just read Alaska

gottagoacruzn

Hi guys, am tired.:rolleyes: Reason, I just read all 1180 pages on Alaska to get things on what to do, & etc. Got lots of info to organize now to start getting ready for the cruise next yr. Looking at Ketchikan, Juneau, ISP & Tracy Arm. Won't be going without binoculars.

Virginia

Hi guys, am tired.:rolleyes: Reason, I just read all 1180 pages on Alaska to get things on what to do, & etc. Got lots of info to organize now to start getting ready for the cruise next yr. Looking at Ketchikan, Juneau, ISP & Tracy Arm. Won't be going without binoculars.

Virginia

Don't forget your camera! Alaska is a photographers paradise as my wife discovered. We've been there twice and plan to go back again. Can't get enough.

Merry Christmas and happy cruising next year. Alaska is amazing!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Don't forget your camera! Alaska is a photographers paradise as my wife discovered. We've been there twice and plan to go back again. Can't get enough.

Merry Christmas and happy cruising next year. Alaska is amazing!

Jim, I don't go anywhere without my camera!!!::rolleyes:: A few yrs ago, when I was gonna take a cruise, couldn't decide whether to take camcorder, digital camera, or both. Well in the meantime, saw somebody else's pictures and thought, that's it, decided to take the camera instead. Glad I did now. Had forgotten what is was like to take pictures.:(

If the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, I will continue going back to Alaska, again and again, one doesn't get tired of seeing the beauty up there!!

• 4 weeks later...

The Radiance is a great choice. You will enjoy being on her very much. Just be sure to get out and about the ship while going through the Hubbard Glacier area to get the full effect of its beauty.

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Our first cruise to Alaska, we did a lot of reading up before going also. We brought 3 pairs of binoculars because I didn't think we would want to share (there are 3 of us). Well, we were so busy snapping pictures, that I forgot to look through my binoculars. I think my husband used his a little bit at Hubbard. I remember how excited we were when we spotted the first whales. I think we were getting off the glass elevators and happened to look out and see them.

We are going again and are on the same cruise as Virginia. We love the Radiance.

I have two Alaska books also. I need to start reading up again. We have The Alaska Cruise Handbook by Joe Upton and Alaska by Cruise Ship by Anne Vipond.

Yes, we are going in July 2015 on the Radiance. Just booking some of our excursions.

Hi Ollie,

We are from Indiana also. (Plainfield). Have fun on your cruise. So far, Alaska has been our favorite. With Canada/New England our second fav. And RCCL used to do a west coast cruise which we really enjoyed too.

Have fun selecting your tours. We've had ours booked for September for a few months now. I'm a little nuts about having all details nailed down early.

Edited by Cheryl H

Hi Cheryl, just looked at your pictures when you went to Alaska. Now I can't wait to go again.:rolleyes: Oh why, is Sept is faaaar away?:eek:

Hi Virginia,

We had so much fun on that trip. I love creating photo books on Shutterfly. I tease my husband that we will need all the vacation picture books possible so we can enjoy looking at them when we are finally in a nursing home. By then, we will have forgotten everything and it will all be new again. :-)

I'm anxious for September also. Eight more months! I loved our tours last time. We are repeating the whale watch with Floyd from F.I.S.H.E.S. again, but the rest of our tours are new ones.

I hit the stores today for New Years sales. Mostly all chilly weather tops. I may bring a couple of them along on our trip.

Speaking of pictures, I've been looking at Paylady's thread on her pictures from her Italy cruise. That makes me want to book a cruise to Italy. Maybe 2017. Her pictures are over on the Royal Caribbean board.

• 2 months later...