Does anyone know the name of the present Concierge on the STAR ?

dongordon

Does anyone know who is the Concierge on the STAR these days.

How was he or she?

For my 40th Anniversary cruise, the Concierge made our cruise so perfect with dinner reservations and was so accomodating when I made changes due to certain shows I wanted to see.

Now that I see what wervices they can provide on the ship, I am looking forward to the Concierge services on my upcoming cruise as a suite guest.

I am also planning a cocktail hour and dinner get together for my roll call at Gatsby's and La Cucina for about 28 people and I hope he can help me with this. :)

Don

Last week it was Hano Meyer. He was a very helpful German guy. Very tall (I think he was about 6ft 6in) and was always around in the mornings in Cagney's and in the theatre before the shows so you will be in good hands. And he was of course available for requests on the phone.

Hanno was pretty good. We were on the Star from 17 Nov until the 30th. He was at Cagneys during embarkation lunch and introduced himself.

We didn't see him in Cagneys during breakfast (we didn't go every morning though) but he did stop by at dinner once or twice. (EDIT. wait, that's a lie. He did seat us once for breakfast./EDIT)

We never seen him anywhere else on the ship, with the exception of debarkation when he walked us from the theater down to Ginza so we could go through US Customs.

I booked a couple excursions while onboard (using the forms in the cabin) and when the tickets arrived they had a bit of a mix-up (long story). He was good to handle the issue and sort things out.

He was also good to get me a print-out of our onboard account a few days into the cruise. I wanted to ensure they straightened out the excursion mix-up and credited it to me properly + I wanted to SEE the $850 OBC I was to receive. He had it delivered to our cabin and everything was fine.

He got us another print-out again a couple days prior to debarkation, just so I could make sure our onboard account was up to snuff. Again, he had this delivered to our cabin. (Everything was cool.)

Overall, Hanno was a pretty good Concierge. He always answered his phone and handled our few requests quickly and efficiently. He was friendly enough, not in-your-face all the time (which we prefer), and was interesting to talk to.

Edited by rajones007

Hi

We were on the Star in June and our concierge was called Otto. He was very good to us and carried out all our requests as asked.

Andy

I think you mean Omar - at least that's who the concierge was on our June cruise this year. He was great.

Does anyone know who is the Concierge on the STAR these days...

This question comes up every few days, and in 90% of the cases, I have to chuckle. The answers are not always of any value. Why?

The poster really does not care who the CURRENT concierge is, but they want to know who it will be on the date of their cruise. In this particular instance, the poster really only cares about the week of January 4th. (or at least that is an educated guess)

They do change often.

This question comes up every few days, and in 90% of the cases, I have to chuckle. The answers are not always of any value. Why?

The poster really does not care who the CURRENT concierge is, but they want to know who it will be on the date of their cruise. In this particular instance, the poster really only cares about the week of January 4th. (or at least that is an educated guess)

They do change often.

Yes, you are correct, I do wish to find out the Concierge on my cruise which is coming up in a few weeks. That being said, if I know who it was on recent cruises on the STAR, there is a good chance they will still be around when I cruise. Most cruise staff sign on for 6 month stints (some longer). Many often like to remain on the same ship when they return.

Don

....Most cruise staff sign on for 6 month stints (some longer). Many often like to remain on the same ship when they return.

Don

That's what I was going to say too. I don't know what that guy is talking about either. It's not like the NCL Concierge's change ships every other week. They're typically on the same ship for 6 months at a time. And more often than not, longer than that.

So don't worry about it. Your question is common and completely justifiable.

That's what I was going to say too. I don't know what that guy is talking about either. It's not like the NCL Concierge's change ships every other week. They're typically on the same ship for 6 months at a time. And more often than not, longer than that.

So don't worry about it. Your question is common and completely justifiable.

Sorry if I made it sound like they change every few weeks. It is more like twice a year, plus sometimes a vacation.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if I made it sound like they change every few weeks. It is more like twice a year, plus sometimes a vacation.[/quote

Actually, since the repercussions of aforementioned-ease-to-Platinum status, the Concierges have so much work that they are 4 months on, 2 months off ... Just like HDs and unless you are way high on the totem pole, you can be switched quite frequently ... And that switch can occur quickly if you are at the top of the pole ... Ergo GaryCarla's response had some merit ;)