Dream 9472 and 9475 now a Premium Balcony

R&S

I was looking at the new longer itineraries offered out of New Orleans and when I did a mock booking for cabin 9472 or 9475 they showed up in the premium balcony category. These two cabins used to be the cost of a normal balcony cabin and considered a great cabin choice for the money since they have a huge wrap balcony.

I checked a random future cruise on the Magic out of Galveston and noticed the same thing. Did Carnival change the price of these cabins for all future cruises?

We were also in 9475 on the Dream in March. The balcony was awesome, but yeah, that room is tight, however if the price was the same we would book it again. If they raised the price, maybe not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was looking at the new longer itineraries offered out of New Orleans and when I did a mock booking for cabin 9472 or 9475 they showed up in the premium balcony category. These two cabins used to be the cost of a normal balcony cabin and considered a great cabin choice for the money since they have a huge wrap balcony.

I checked a random future cruise on the Magic out of Galveston and noticed the same thing. Did Carnival change the price of these cabins for all future cruises?

We just came off Carnival MAGIC on December 7, 2014. We were in cabin 9475. This cabin is now classified as category 9C.

Our last cruise on MAGIC prior to this was in Spring, 2013. For that cruise, we were in cabin 7454 (L-shaped room), and I prefer that over 9475.

The interior for 9475 is cramped in comparison to 7454 and has only the stool at the vanity desk to sit at. At least in 7454 there is also a chair. The bathroom in 9475 is smaller than in 7454, also.

This was our first time in an aft-wrap cabin, and I strongly suspect it will be our last time also. The aft-wrap balcony is longer, but it is narrower in the extreme. Barely has room to walk by a chair/lounger, so what is the purpose?

If you like your stateroom with a cramped interior, and a matching cramped balcony, then 9475 is for you.