Getaway July 2015

MandyMommyof2

I am in the process of booking our flying and getting rental cars for our trip in July. We are cruising our first time with Norwegian on the Getaway :):D My family and plan on flying into FLL because it will save us quite a bit on the flights. My question that I need some help on is, what time can we board the day of departure and how early can we get off the ship the morning we return. I will be dropping our car off at MIA and riding the shuttle to the port and doing the same when we get back :( Just trying to put in some exact pick up/drop off times. I will of course allow for extra time just trying to get pretty close. Thanks so much!

Hello! My family and I will be on the Getaway for the 7/4/15 cruise. What we have done in the past, was fly into FLL the day of the cruise,landing around 9am. Took a shuttle directly to the port and we were on the ship just as lunch was available. As far as returning, I would not make a flight departure prior to noon. Noon or later should be just fine. Also, if you go into the Ports section of this websire, under FLL, you will find many references to shuttles available. Hope this helps!

Thanks Rprbp24! I was a little afraid of flying in the morning of the cruise. We have always flew in a day prior just incase of any delays we may encounter. I think I found out about the shuttles. I contacted Alamo and ask about their shuttle service to/from the port when renting from them. I did have one poster tell me to make for certain to have proof of your rental because of persons catching the free rides to the airport :cool: