Just Booked Bahia Mar Doublee Tree by Hilton in Ft. Lauderdale

crusinot

We jus Booked the Bahia Mar for the nigh before and two nights after our cruise in June. There will be six of us in total. Can I arrange a shuttle or van prior to arriving in Florida or is this something that I can arrange when I get to Florida?

Also we will be travelling with friends and our DS ages 13 & 16. Suggestions for places to eat. Are we close to water taxi and shopping etc? Don't mid a little walk. Any thoughts on this Hotel Choice!

Are you looking at a van just to transport to and from the hotel/port? The hotel has a shuttle service to the port. I think it ran $7.00 per person. We prefer to cab it. If you put 3 in a cab you will save money and time. We have seen people who signed up as they checked in. Then they watched us drive away via cab as they stood around waiting.:o

I'd do the same for any ride. Ft.l is easy to do and with 6, you will find it cheaper and more convenient to use cabs, not shuttles.

Your kids will find the beach park area across the street great. Within a couple blocks, on the marina side, you will find the water taxi stop and the fun outdoor casual Bahia Cabana restaurant. Walk along the beach youll pass the Oasis restaurant known for decent food and swinging tables..then about 10 more min and you'll come to the popular Beach Place area..restaurants, beach, bars, stores etc.

If you want you can catch the Sun Trolley in front of the hotel to get around or city bus.

We have stayed here several times and like the location and rates. The tower rooms are the newest. As well as a casual hotel restaurant and bar, there is a convenience mart next door that sells food, snacks, soda etc. and deli area with freshly made sandwiches, breakfasts etc.

You'll love Bahia Mar...I know we do!! Great location & love the hotel. There is a concierge there that will help you out with transportation, info on places to eat, etc. Only about a block on the right to the water taxi and across the street & left a block or 2 will get you to the beach boardwalk.

Bahia Cabana is a very family friendly restaurant, very casual, right on the marina.

There isn't much shopping near the hotel. If you go about a half mile north you'll find some beach shops. About a mile north is Beach Place, with more shops. The best shopping in the area is on Sunrise Blvd at Galleria Mall. You can get there by taking bus 40 or the Sun Trolley north.

Edited by royalcruz

We liked Coconuts a lot for a restaurant right on the waterway. It is a short walk the other direction from Bahia Cabana and the water taxi. We actually went to Coconuts for dinner and Bahia Cabana for breakfast. Both were quite enjoyable! The only issue we had with Bahia Mar both times we stayed there was that they gave us a tower room really close to the elevator. The live music from the lobby comes up the elevator shaft as if you were there in person. It might only be on weekends when they have the live music; I'm not sure. It didn't last past 9 p.m. or so, but it was still annoying when you just want to relax.

Edited by indy71