What hotel out of Tampa?

cebee123

Getting into Tampa the day before we leave ( March 13 ) What hotels do people use? We really just need a close place to stay the night before, wont have a car, so food on site or close by/walking distance. Do hotels offer shuttle service to the cruise docks? Wont need a pool etc (packing wet bathing suits?? yuck)

Thanks!!

I would recommend a hotel in the Westshore area of Tampa. Holiday Inn, Double Tree, Marriott, and Intercontinental come to mind. It's a short distance from th port. If they don't offer a shuttle, it's a short taxi drive.

Westshore Plaza, shopping and restaurants, are close by. I know the Holiday Inn offers a shuttle that runs between Westshore Plaza and International Plaza, another shopping area with restaurants a mile away. We have stayed there and love it.

Pennie

We have stayed at the Intercontinental. A shopping center is right across the street. It has some interesting restaurants we tried and liked. One was a very busy Maggianos Italian restaurant. The hotel itself had a Don Shula steakhouse, but I don't know if it is still there.

The Port Tampa web cam has a large advertisement for the Tampa Marriot Waterside Hotel and Marina. It looks so nice we will likely stay there if we book a cruise out of Tampa. If you would like to check out their ad, go to porttampawebcam .com. The ad will pop up first before the web cam.

Edited by Gangway Style

We have stayed at the Intercontinental. A shopping center is right across the street. It has some interesting restaurants we tried and liked. One was a very busy Maggianos Italian restaurant. The hotel itself had a Don Shula steakhouse, but I don't know if it is still there.

The Port Tampa web cam has a large advertisement for the Tampa Marriot Waterside Hotel and Marina. It looks so nice we will likely stay there if we book a cruise out of Tampa. If you would like to check out their ad, go to porttampawebcam .com. The ad will pop up first before the web cam.

Don Shula's is still at the Intercontinental. The Marriott Waterside is gorgeous but, very expensive!

I sailed out of Tampa just three weeks ago, and I drove across state the day before. I had some reward points to use up, so I tried the Quality Inn on S. Dale Mabry rd. Just your average hotel, but restaurants and shops in

walking distance. There's a Publix supermarket right across the street, if you needed last minute shopping. They do have shuttle service to the port (which is about 5-6 miles from the hotel). I had no complaints/concerns about my stay, and of course they had a breakfast in the morning, nothing fancy but ok. On my next cruise out of Tampa I would not hesitate to stay there again. But keep in mind this is not a "Marriott".

Several hotels in the Rocky Point area offer a variety of cruise packages including port shuttles, airport shuttles, and parking if you need it. We stayed at the Chase Suites a while back and enjoyed the hotel and the area.

Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point

Hampton Rocky Point

Chase Suites Rocky Point

Best Western Bay Harbor Rocky Point

The above hotels are ones that I am aware of that include airport pick up or cruise parking and round-trip shuttle to the port and then back again .

*** Holiday Inn, Hampton and Chase includes a hot breakfast. Best Western does not.

Another suggestion would be to book the room only rate at the LaQuinta Tampa Airport and then take a taxi to/from the port. The room only rate would be much cheaper than a cruise pkg even with the taxi rate added They do however offer a shuttle to the port for $10 pp. It you have more than two in you group than a taxi would be the better bet. They do have a parking package and hot breakfast is included. They are directly across the street from the International Plaza Mall which has shopping and many restaurant selections.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr