How to have a quick and easy check in?

Just writing wishing MicCanberra and Gut2407 a great cruise to my part of

the country. By the way it's a day out of the box today really warm not

saying what it will be like later in the week. Can't meet you both for coffee

have a lot of medical things going on in Launceston for both of us.

Bon Voyage.:D:D

Just writing wishing MicCanberra and Gut2407 a great cruise to my part of

the country. By the way it's a day out of the box today really warm not

saying what it will be like later in the week. Can't meet you both for coffee

have a lot of medical things going on in Launceston for both of us.

Bon Voyage.:D:D

Thanks for the Awesome send off.

BTW, looks like Burnie will be around 20 and the same for Hobart, so not too bad.:D

What do you mean by 'with Carnival you have to pay cash upfront when you check in'? Can you give an indication of how much for an 8 nighter?

We are used to topping up at pursers desk one or two days into the cruise, and then whenever we choose from then on.....not on check in. We do however register the credit card to cover for emergencies (like excess perfume:)). Asking cos son will prob be a cash only cruiser.

Jen if you register your CC at check in there's no need to put down cash just do it a later during the cruise, we like to pay cash and only a little bit goes on the CC

To be honest, I do not know how much you need to put on your account at check in, I think it may be up to the individual, but I know they they do collect cash at check in,which is designed I guess, to save the crew on board from having to do it. Carnival Aust is the only cruiseline in Oz to do this.

Thanks for mentioning this. Will make sure son understands. I am assuming it may be just a couple of hundred. Will have to wait and see.

Jen if you register your CC at check in there's no need to put down cash just do it a later during the cruise, we like to pay cash and only a little bit goes on the CC

Hi Bob. Yes that's how we normally do it too. Son however is ticking the cash box, as he doesn't possess a cc, and I have steered him away from using the debit card details. A real pain if the debit card has a hold on it for a week or more after the cruise. Obviously he will have enough cash, but sensible just to place minimal cash on at beginning, then pay more at pursers desk like us. Time for him to get a cc:)