Lobster?

Kellyfkrc

It was from the Getaway June 2014 at the Haven Restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Okay, then my reply remains.....

No lobster tails in the MDR or Buffet

The Haven Restaurant is another whole 'wing' of the ship to which only those staying in the Haven can go.

IF the OP is staying there then maybe they still serve it there from June to now?

Harriet

For the record -

None of the ships have lobster in the MDR or free lobster tails any longer. This has been stopped months ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2129332&highlight=lobster

Thread started November 19th

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127512&highlight=lobster

Thread started November 15th

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2116252&highlight=lobster

Thread started October 18th

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2064612&highlight=lobster

Thread started July 1st

FWIW - They first stopped serving lobster tails in the MDR but did have them, at one point, in the buffet on Seafood night. However, they no longer do.

The only place you're going to be able to get Lobster tails, I believe, is in a specialty restaurant (I can't remember which one actually has the lobster tail) and that is also with an upcharge in addition to the charge for the specialty restaurant.

Harriet

Ahh. Good info.

More like my passive aggressive way of saying please use the search feature....lol

Oh, lol should have figured. Snark is quite common around here :(.

Anyway does it bother you so if someone makes a thread? Its easy to skip a thread you don't like. All you did was bump it to the top lol to get it more exposure. I am sure they will make a lobster info sticky if enough folks get offended at the topic.

OP. Still a good question for a thread and it got lots of good answers. I had no idea they stopped lobster entirely outside of upcharge venues. I am glad you asked the question as I benefited from the mostly helpful responses.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

Anyway does it bother you so if someone makes a thread? Its easy to skip a thread you don't like. All you did was bump it to the top lol to get it more exposure. I am sure they will make a lobster info sticky if enough folks get offended at the topic.

OP. Still a good question for a thread and it got lots of good answers. I had no idea they stopped lobster entirely outside of upcharge venues. I am glad you asked the question as I benefited from the mostly helpful responses.

This thread didn't "bother me" in the least. I was merely making a joke....

Edited by NYcruzzer

This thread didn't "bother me" in the least. I was merely making a joke....

Sorry about that. I am used to another board here on CC where folks are flat out mean to the original posters. I let the frustration of them follow me here. The NCL board has among the most cool folks here and should not have assumed.

Sorry about that. I am used to another board here on CC where folks are flat out mean to the original posters. I let the frustration of them follow me here. The NCL board has among the most cool folks here and should not have assumed.

No need to apologize. I don't like mean people either.

I think this NCL forum and some of the posters here are some of the most down-to-earth and polite snarkers you'll ever find anywhere on the internet. How polite? When someone writes ' I don't like cut up Lobster tail ' and not a single person responds back with 'Not my personal problem' , 'Whatever, -----' or something equally offense and back - That's polite!!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Wish there is a "Like" button.

I can see where you are coming from as I have seen some pretty snarky replies on here when someone was just merely asking a question.

Le Bistro for an additional $10 ($30 in total).

Le Bistro's is no longer a whole tail. It is also cut up in some sort of butter/cream sauce. Not even remotely worth the $10 upcharge. It wasn't enough lobster meat for an appetizer portion, much less an entree.

Le Bistro's is no longer a whole tail. It is also cut up in some sort of butter/cream sauce. Not even remotely worth the $10 upcharge. It wasn't enough lobster meat for an appetizer portion, much less an entree.

So pretty much Seafood pasta dish that includes lobster at La Cucina and Cagneys; Seafood night or a random seafood dish some other night at the buffet or free switch for lobster instead shrimp for the Beef or Seafood combo meal at Teppanmaki. Unless you're a Haven suite guest and get it for free at MDR one night there.*shrug* Good thing I can get live lobster in NYC for under $40, I can sense the seething right now.......

Meant to post this a few weeks ago but work and daily life got in the way (that happens after a two week cruise!)....

Epic - transatlantic (BCN-MIA, 10/26/14 to 11/9/14), Saturday night, 11/8/14 (last evening of the cruise): They DID have lobster tails in the Garden Cafe buffet. They had staff members handing out 2-3 at a time. It was part of "grill night" in the buffet. In addition to the lobster tails, they also had grilled steaks and grilled sausages available at the main stations (front right and front left when you walk in the main entrance). The lobster tails, if not the same, were similar to the "cut in half lengthwise" ones they used to serve in the buffet on night two of previous cruises (after they had vanished from the MDRs).

We actually just happened upon the long lost lobster tail offering by accident. Since we were having a late dinner at Cagneys, we went down to the Garden Cafe for a snack around 6pm. And there they were! It was a total surprise since we had read on here that they were long gone (and they had not made an appearance during the first 13 days of the cruise). We even texted some friends on board and they came down and had some too. There was no advertising for the lobster tails (we actually checked the Freestyle Daily to see if we had missed learning about it).

Totally realize this was probably a one-off situation on a long repositioning TA cruise, especially since everyone else is reporting no lobster... But, it might be worth taking a peek at the unadvertised offerings if the buffet on your ship advertises a "grill night." Just when you think they're really gone for good, they might just make an appearance.

I'm just curious. I don't want to debate the lobster issue. However, If you have been on a cruise recently, very recently, please post if you were served lobster, what night and where it was served. Not chopped up pieces of lobster mixed with something else, but a real lobster tail like they show in the pictures.

Got off the Sun 10 days ago. No lobster in the MDR. On 2nd night they had the pitiful lobster pasta in the buffet guarded by two chefs.

• 2 weeks later...
We sailed Carnival Sensation on November 11 and were served lobster and prime rib in Fantasy dining room Your Time Dining on 2nd night. Both were excellent. My dh had both.

That's nice but you're on the Norwegian section so this has nothing to do with the question asked. Please post this over on Carnival where it belongs.

Harriet

We sailed Carnival Sensation on November 11 and were served lobster and prime rib in Fantasy dining room Your Time Dining on 2nd night. Both were excellent. My dh had both.

Wrong forum again my friend lol. Don't worry, I too have posted to the wrong forums on more occasions than I care to remember lol. I skip from forum to forum with too many windows open and reply to the wrong post sometimes.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy