Getting from A to B in San Juan

queen_kathy1

We're flying to San Juan this Friday and staying at the Caribe Hilton. We are two adults, 2 seniors and 1 toddler.

Are the taxis big enough to handle all of us together with our luggage or will we need to take 2 separate cabs? I've read that it costs $20/cab to get from the airport to the hotel, is that accurate and how much to tip on top of that?

Then to get from the hotel to the Pan American pier, that will be another 1-2 cabs to get us and our luggage to the boat.

Finally, I was hoping to board and drop off our luggage, have some lunch then go to OSJ for the afternoon - but understand that is not within walking distance and another cab ride - or is there a bus available now that we're not dragging luggage with us?

Just adding up the taxi dollars and it's adding up quick.... Please and thanks for your assistance and insight!

You should be ok in 1 taxi. The fare should be $19 plus a $2 fuel surcharge plus $1 per bag (not including bags you carry on your lap. That includes up to 5 people. The fare should be about $9 less from the hotel to the pier with bags etc, then about $12 to OSJ. THese are rate from the taxi assoc on www.puertoricodaytrips.com search taxi rates for the info that site also has bus routes and schedules available. You will love the Caribe Hilton... it is a great property. Have a great cruise.

Edited by Dirkgun

That helps a whole bunch - thanks so much!!

And yes I'm super excited about the hotel as well, just booked it two days ago through priceline and they accepted my $90 bid - love last minute savings!!

Congrats on that price... it is a great price. We also won it a few times on Priceline ($85 in 2010 and $120 in 2012) Be sure to check out the grounds at the Hotel especially out by the ocean... spectacular. I really love the pier that goes out over a coral reef and is lighted really cool fish you can see in the day and at night. I have pictures of the hotel and grounds in both my Victory reviews linked in my signature (2010 precruise, and 2012 post cruise) Have a great cruise.