Help!! Move to the Hump or Stay put?????

VernRDH

When I checked today on our Dec. Jewel cruise, I noticed cabin 9586 a D1, smack in the middle of the hump, was available. We are currently booked in 1574, also a D1. Now to many of you, this may seem like a silly question, but should I have my TA switch it? Also, the price has gone up but she can switch it (same category) without having to pay more, correct? I put a 24 hour hold on it so it wouldn't dissapear. I really would like the hump. Actually, I really would like an aft, but none are available and it seems that they do not hold more than 2 pax (there are three of us, DH, DD and I).

Thanks everyone for your help.

Not a silly question at all.

Go for the hump. First, you will have just other cabins above you if you go down to Deck 9 and not the pool area or Windjammer or something like that. You will if you stay on Deck 10.

If you can get that cabin on the hump, you will love it. I had one on Deck 8 middle of the hump on Brilliance and the same location on our next two cruises on the Navigator..

We were on the hump on the Brilliance and I wish I could be there all the time. I looked at the deck plan and noticed the balcony was much larger (we had what looks like 9092 on Jewel) and TA changed us with no extra money. It's so peaceful there. It does look like that is on the starboard side and we were on the port side. I will request the hump anytime the ship has it.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I had a hold on it and transferred it to my TA today, who got it all taken care of. So now I have a hump balcony, if only I could get an aft.................:D

Thanks again!!!!

You are going to love that cabin and the location. Total privacy on your balcony, a great view of the whole side of the ship and you can see straight down to the water.

I don't think you will regret the change. I could have had any aft cabin on my next cruises because I booked it so early. I only took the cruise if I could get the middle of the hump. I did and I booked.

Enjoy your cruise.

Guest cruzr44
Thanks to everyone for your help. I had a hold on it and transferred it to my TA today, who got it all taken care of. So now I have a hump balcony, if only I could get an aft.................:D

Thanks again!!!!

There are D1 afts available on 7.

We did the regular balcony on the NOS the first time. We had an aft on the MOS (LOVED IT!!!). There were no afts available for our upcoming cruise on the NOS so we decided to try a hump (6318) since everyone thinks they are great. Seriously, though what's the big thing with them? Is the balcony or room any bigger? Or just different?

Take the hump cabin as we will be in that same exact hump cabin during the week after you!!!

I just read that you took it! Keep it in good condition for us!

Will do Cruiser Guy, will do.:D

Sorry for the silly question - But what exactly is a "hump" cabin? :confused:

Also, can someone give me a quick rundown on the difference in the "suite" and balcony cabins?

Thanks. Already thinking about booking next cruise after being inside on two straight cruises.

Click open the site below. When it opens, it will be the Deck 8 plan on the Navigator. Scroll down to where you see the ship start to bulge out on both sides. That is the hump, or bump as some call it. I have cabin 8320 on my next cruises which is the center of the hump. You are actually out over the water when in this cabin. It juts out from the ship on an angle like this. /

It is a very private balcony because no one but the person next to you is able to see in. Yet, you have a perfect view of the whole side of the ship, front to back.

If you are on a lower deck hump cabin, you may have to look over the lifeboats overhang. The higher the deck, you can see right down to the water.

Here's the site: :o

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=NV&shipProfile=1084&sailDate=1050827&hasNavigation=false

As for a suite and a balcony difference, you have to go to the RCCL website and click on the ship you want to see. It will give you a choice of seeing all the different cabins on it. www.rccl.com

Archived