Princess changes entire cruise itinerary!!!

Jackconnor007

We got the same email and were doubly disappointed. We not only had the Baltic cruise booked in July but B2B with the British Isles on August 1. We wouldn't make things work any other way and called today and cancelled both of them. Too bad....well, there is always 2016.

We got the same email and were doubly disappointed. We not only had the Baltic cruise booked in July but B2B with the British Isles on August 1. We wouldn't make things work any other way and called today and cancelled both of them. Too bad....well, there is always 2016.

Not for the Ocean Princess, there's not.

Yesjust happened to me recently. We rebooked on the Emerald Princess to visit your auto and Odessa two destinations we really want to see. In this case because of the unrest in that area they changed our itinerary so we canceled a three week trip. As far as what the other people are saying about the ocean princess being sold we are booked on her next Friday for two weeks in the Caribbean and it is booked solid. I will be canceling my future trip on the ocean because it has been sold and I'm sure they will not keep up appearances while this transition is happening. Sorry about your trip I have no idea why they would cancel that area of the world..

Hello again I just wrote you want another post as I did not know what ship you were going on and I didn't tell you we are going on the ocean in nine days. If the ship will still be sailing I cannot imagine why they would cancel that itinerary but once they change in itinerary they will not go back as I mentioned to you that happened to us for a black see Mediterranean voyage next spring

Lostincruisin - Loretta - Fancy meeting you here... I was just about to write in this thread when we saw your post. We are still going on the Emerald in June even with the changes. We are spending 5 nights in Athens and then instead of Odessa and Yalta (due to unrest) they are going to Bulgaria and Romania, though it still shows the other Ukrainian ports on different websites... We really like the two days in Istanbul. We got a decent airfare to Athens and the return from Rome.

Hope you both are doing well... Hope to see you soon..:)

Edited by neilrr

We've now canceled the switched itinerary, and will do our own independent land tour in Poland instead.

With the passing of Ocean (and who can doubt the Pacific will follow), and the undesirable changes to Island, Princess is fast losing appeal. You'll never find us on the behemoth ships.

More and more accountants are in charge of cruise lines.

Cheers,

Bruce

Edited by brucedodge

The cruise lines, airlines etc do consult with state departments, etc, so its very possible they have been advised to minimize exposure or avoid certain dates.

Sounds like, as always with Princess, they could have communicated it wat better.

It seems a lot of cruise lines are cutting back on the baltic cruises Even River cruises have cut a lot of their visits to St Petersburg. I think it has a lot to do with the unrest over there. Better to cancel now than just before the sail date