Jewel - Belize

ajsdad

I have also posted this on excursions board, but I thought I might have more luck here since it is a NCL Jewel question. What is the time difference between Belize and the Jewel. Second, doing a private tour, wondering what time I can tell the tour guy we will be in CC. How do I get a tender ticket. What time do I need to be in line? Which water taxi should I get on? And what time taxi can I make?

I have also posted this on excursions board, but I thought I might have more luck here since it is a NCL Jewel question. What is the time difference between Belize and the Jewel. Second, doing a private tour, wondering what time I can tell the tour guy we will be in CC. How do I get a tender ticket. What time do I need to be in line? Which water taxi should I get on? And what time taxi can I make?

1. Typically, the ship will adjust it's time to local time before you arrive (meaning there will be notices left in your cabin telling you to adjust your clock back or forward as appropriate). Therefore your arrival time is the same in local time.

2. I don't know what you mean by CC... but you should be able to be on shore in Belize by at most an hour after arrival time.

3. Tender tickets are usually distributed at Guest Services or some other location that will be specified in your Freestyle Daily newsletter. Get there early to get the lowest numbers. They will begin to call numbers to go down to the tender ramp shortly after anchoring. Until your range of numbers is called, hang out in a public area away from the stairwells.

4. Water taxi???

• 2 weeks later...
The time in Belize, Mexico and Honduras are all CST...the same as Houston where you are leaving from.

If you are arranging a private tour at a tender port, make sure you get back to the port a little early. I booked a private snorkeling tour in Belize, and we ran into a sudden heavy afternoon thunderstorm on the way back to the ship. The trip from to Hol Chan Reserve to the port usually takes a little over an hour, but it took over 2-1/2 hrs to get back because of the wind, high seas, and rain. luckily, the rain sowed the tenders down too - so there were still people waiting on the last tender. We were able to make it back before the ship left. Since it was not a ship excursion, they would not have waited for us. Some of the ships tours are crowded, and it definitely made me more aware of time when going out on my own!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Jewel last week and booked our own excursion. As mentioned previously time did not change. We tendered into Belize City. If you want to be on one of the 1st tenders you will need a tender ticket. They began giving out tickets at 7:30 a.m. on the pool deck. Location will be in your daily. I got in line at 6:40 am and was 3rd in line. When they call your tender number go to deck 4 and you get you on the tender. It was a 15 minute ride. We got to port abour 9 am. We had to go outside the port area to meet up with our excursion. If your private tour company does this regular with cruise passengers they will just need name of your ship and they will be waiting. When you are ready to return go back to NCL tent and wait for the next tender.

We were also on the Jewel last week, and one thing to note: the seas were a little rough, and they were only able to use one side of the ship to disembark people into the boats, which meant that most things were running 15-45 minutes late. We were on a scuba trip and got right on to the dive boat, but you might want to make sure you have a cell number for your tour operator in case there is a delay.