Balcony on Triumph wiht 3 and a rollsay? How does that work?

AuroraMeansDawn

Good Morning Folks,

We are sailing in a few weeks with three adults in a balcony cabin on the Carnival Triumph. This was the first time I let Carnival assign the cabin for a lower rate and I'm pleased with the location - Upper Deck, midship - but it's a occupancy of 2 with a trundle brought in for the third passenger. Does anyone have a photo of this set up? I was wondering if it would be better to set up the room as two twins to allow more room for the rollaway or to do the traditional king for my husband and myself and to add the bed. I have sailed in balcony cabins on the Triumph with both set ups and we've sailed with an upper pullman but never the rollaway bed and for the life of me I can't figure out where they will put it. Space is already so tight.

I get up often in the night for the bathroom and I think I may be scrambling over my poor son or saving a lot of money on bar bills so I don't have to get up in the night! LOL

I am wondering why the need for a trundle or roll a way? Balcony rooms have a couch and they are surprisingly comfortable. It is possible that the couch does not convert to a bed(the back cushions are removed and the sitting surface is made up as a twin bed). It has been a few years since I have sailed the Triumph(2012)

Also there is a difference between and trundle and roll a way. Typically a trundle slides out from under something (bed or couch). A roll a way folds in half but eats up a great deal of space.

I will be following this tread as I have a quad stateroom booked for my daughter and family this August. I wasn't concerned with the trundle that is listed for their cabin as it will be used for a not quite 4 year old.

When I called i was told a rollaway would be brought in during the night and removed during the day. When we have been on the Triumph in the past (last Jan and the July of 2012) in balcony's the couch was more of a mini loveseat two seater. Our son who is sleeping on it is 6'2" and a good 260 plus lbs (sturdy and plays football on the OL) so I am sure we will have fun no matter what i'm just trying to imagine how it works.

I had a rollaway on the Destiny with my two daughters (aft balcony).

It was folded up during the day, up against the bathroom wall, where the robe hooks are. (L position with the couch).

At night it was positioned parallel to the couch...so you couldn't access the couch without climbing over the rollaway - but the path to the bathroom was clear for all!

No problem!

Have a great cruise!

Peg

three adults-- I hope you get a roll away and not a trundle.

those things sit very low to the floor and are very small.

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/CRUISES/Carnival-Sensation-March-31st/i-fM6wqMZ/0/L/IMG_0615-L.jpg

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalElation/01NewOrleans/2-4-2013-3/DSC_3291_Zyde.jpg

the bed slides under the bed. It is not removed from the cabin during the day

Thank you Peg! That is exactly the information i was looking for! I really appreciate the time you took to reply.

Happy to be of help!

I have NO cruise plans in sight right now :(... So I have to live vicariously through you.... Have a GREAT time!!!

Peg