Shuttle from Port Everglades to MIA?

zuggie

We'll be disembarking from the Silhouette in Ft. Lauderdale in several weeks and our departing flight is out of Miami. Does Royal offer a shuttle from the ship to MIA?

Dave, the Silhouette is a Celebrity ship ! LOL:D

We are just off the Equinox and they had shuttle's to MIA, for a fee of course;)

We have back to back cruises booked on two different ships. The first one out of Fort Lauderdale, the second one out of Miami. Is there a shuttle provided for this? Or will we need to book private transport.

Thanks

You will probably need to book private transport.

If you go to the Florida Ports of Call board, you can find listings of transport companies.

To the poster looking for transfer Port everglades to MIA, when you fill out your departure plans paperwork there's a box to check telling them you want the transfer booked, I believe it is $20 per person, on a coach, They basically have you stream out and as the coach is filled, they send it off and another comes to wait to be filled before leaving.

You appear to be new to X from Royal, so do know that X offers an additional service called Luggage Valet, if you depart Port Everglades and fly out of MIA if your flight is after 1:30, you can pay $20 for 2 bags to be checked in directly with your airline, and handled from your cabin to home airport, subject to a few restrictions and non-participating airlines. No lugging luggage thru customs etc as you leave. If flying out of FLL, the cut off time is 11:30 or later flights. They only advertised this in the Daily on my recent cruise, and I missed it, but asked at guest services and they gave me the form to complete. They also provide your printed boarding passes.

To the poster going Port everglades to Port of Miami on a B2B, I'd call Celebrity and ask if they will provide this transfer as a complimentary courtesy, I've read in a few places of X providing this for you.

Taxi in Fort Lauderdale for me (walked of ship at 8:30) had a line of 45 minutes or so, on a Sunday as all ships were in port, and the taxi line was 2 lines coming together, combining Sillie and I think Oasis or some other ship from the pier adjacent. And taxis were few and far between at that time. So if you do decide on a Taxi, factor in the taxi line waiting time. I ended up taking a shuttle van for $11 per person to FLL airport, I didn't pre-arrange it, it was there and they were asking for people to get in. It was a nice large Mercedes transport van, held 15 I believe. But this was to FLL not MIA. In the time it took them to get 15 to fill our van, only 2 taxis had arrived to the ginormous taxi line.

Edited by cle-guy