Disembarkation time for Breakaway.

Sunnyday91

What is the absolute quickest way to get off the cruise. I will be going on the breakaway 7day cruise this sunday from NYC to the Bahamas. Honestly i am freaking out at the moment and have half a mind not to go on it because I happen to have a final next sunday at 9am. According to the itinerary the cruise docks at 8am next sunday? My parents feel that I can still make it in time for the test because of self disembarkation but frankly I am a little wary and it seems highly unlikely to me. What are your thoughts for those who have been on the breakaway, what are my chances of making it to the test on time, the school is in queens.

I was off before 9 am as a walk off with my own baggage with no status....but i doubt you could get off much before 8am as a best case scenario.

Queens is most likely going to be a solid half hour ride....so if your the first person off, immigration is seamless, and you can immediately catch transportation....with everything BEST CASE SCENARIO your looking at 8:40ish...I doubt you will make it for your 9am final.

Edited by oliver033

Self-disembark is from 7:45-8:15ish am and are the 1st to get off. So if you can carry off your own bags / luggage, that the quickest way to get off the ship.

I left my room at 7:45am, through customs and long walk into the building then across the street at taxi stand at 8am. It all depends on how you plan to get to Queens for your test. The best you can hope for if its in the heart of Queens, is being fashionable late by 15 minutes. If its Long Island City, if you rush hard, you'll be there with 10 minutes to spare, provide the trains are not mess up on the weekends.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

If the test is that important (which I assume it is), I wouldn't risk it. Even in the best-case scenario, the OP would be cutting it extremely close. My advice would be to ask about the possibility of a make-up exam. If that's not possible, I would seriously consider not going on the cruise.

Before going through customs, grab a porter, and you customs line will be short or zero. We sailed out of NYC three times, twice we got right off, but the other time there was a customs issue, and we were held up two hours (freezing on the deck with our luggage, and no communication from NCL).

What is the absolute quickest way to get off the cruise. I will be going on the breakaway 7day cruise this sunday from NYC to the Bahamas. Honestly i am freaking out at the moment and have half a mind not to go on it because I happen to have a final next sunday at 9am. According to the itinerary the cruise docks at 8am next sunday? My parents feel that I can still make it in time for the test because of self disembarkation but frankly I am a little wary and it seems highly unlikely to me. What are your thoughts for those who have been on the breakaway, what are my chances of making it to the test on time, the school is in queens.

I don't see you on our roll call, please join it if you'd like:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1979088