Any San Juan Locals.... please help.

Dirkgun

Hi everyone,

During the 2009 San Sebastian Festival we found this guy making fresh Pina Coladas out of fresh pineapples. He was just operating in a alley/stairway but it looked like it suited them fine. They (the Pina Coladas)were delicious and we are coming again this year (next month) and really want to find him again. I was hoping someone could help me find him again. I will post some pictures of it in case the location looks familiar to anyone so they can tell me what street this is on. Thanks in advance.

DSCF0155.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Our kids are bringing their spouses this time because they had such a memorable experience the last time, they want to share it with them. Don't they look delicious? :eek::D

During the San Sebastian Street Festival, the City of San Juan issues scores of temporary permits for makeshift kiosks such as this one. Entrepeneurs come from all over the island to take advantage of the business opportunities that come with the crowds. I honestly doubt you will find these guys at the same place again.

There are plenty of permanent fixed bars in Old San Juan that will be happy to make a Piña Colada to your liking. Heck, I know a guy from Fort Larderdale who comes to the island every so often and he likes the locally grown oranges so much that he buys a sack which he carries around Old San Juan from bar to bar and asks the bartenders to squeeze his oranges for his fresh orange juice and vodka. Maybe if you buy a pinapple at a market someone will make your cup out of it!

Good luck.