19 Nights, 10,000+ photos, and way too many videos. A Quantum Review

DEIx15x8

We also had our second Captain’s Corner. This was the first time I’ve experienced it being scheduled prior to the last day, not sure if there was a scheduling issue with the crew but with a sailing this long it still left plenty of time for people to find things to be angry about. Many complained about the ship creaking and Dynamic Dining, even when requested to stop asking about personal grievances they kept going. It was really a complete flip from last week.

DSC03413.JPG

[YOUTUBE]n3ul1OusqRc[/YOUTUBE]

By this time I had completed my interview with the Food & Beverage Director and was ensured that the simple tastes menus existed. So during the afternoon I went around to the restaurants one more time to ask about the simple tastes menus. Again though I was told they didn’t exist at both the Grande and Chic, but for the first time I was shown one for both American Icon and Silk.

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

I had Silk that night and was so tired of eating the same entree every time (the last few I barely nibbled on it) so it took a bit to find one but I was able to get the simple tastes menu while seated and ordered the lo-mein. It was easily the best dish they offered. It’s a shame that they changed the menu and I don’t believe it’s included anymore.

IMG_1939.jpg

Our evening show was once again Sonic Odyssey, I actually attended both showings this night. The first I sat in the second row and was amazed at how differently it sounded up close compared to in the back of the lower floor.

DSC03531.JPG

DSC03536.JPG

The second time I sat in the balcony and once again it sounded different. I wouldn’t really consider it a good different. I was truly in the back where the lighting person usually sits so I have to wonder what it felt and sounded like in the front right where the Earth Harp ends but from where I sat I wouldn’t recommend.

DSC03602.JPG

Right between the shows was the first showing of the Virtual Concert show in Two70º. This was a concept that seemed weird from the start but had the potential to be cool. I’m not sure if they’ve improved it but it felt weird to me. They were really focused on the realism aspect. They had lights in the venue that moved identically to those on the screen. The room lighting adjusted with the screen. Everything matched up to make it feel like a real concert, except for one thing, the robots. I’ve never seen a real concert where people vanished on stage and reappeared as severed bodies floating in the air. It just didn’t work. They would have been better off simply not using the robots, or IMO looking at a real concert. Every one that I’ve been to has had a large video screen somewhere showing someone up close. It would have been far more effective if they left everyone performing on stage at all times and used the robots as a video monitor with close ups and other things to increase the realism rather than taking us out of it.

DSC03543.JPG

DSC03560.JPG

DSC03561.JPG

IMG_1946.jpg

[YOUTUBE]A6x7l10pm4k[/YOUTUBE]

Overall it was another solid day onboard. Decent weather, hard to really say it was good or bad, along with a spattering of shows to attend.

• 1 month later...