millennium 6143 vs 6135

nanarchy

excuse the ignorance if this info is available somewhere but I can't find it. When I look at the ship deck plan 6143 looks bigger than 6135, But they are the same price. If it is bigger does 6143 have some downside to counter it being bigger to justify the same price?

excuse the ignorance if this info is available somewhere but I can't find it. When I look at the ship deck plan 6143 looks bigger than 6135, But they are the same price. If it is bigger does 6143 have some downside to counter it being bigger to justify the same price?

Hi NANARCHY,

Info might be contained within the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum (IF indeed easy to find anywhere)

I personally, am not sure about actual sizing one to another (know that the M-Class Ships have some unusual shaped & sized cabins within some categories)...

But the biggest difference as I understand it for the C1s in "Suitesville" is that 6135 & 6136 are both interconnected cabins to the Royal Suites next door... And on the M-Class Ships that means space is given to an Interior in cabin door. Some cruisers have reported that there is on occasion "noise leakage" from this poorly insulated arrangement.

If I was picking between your two choices... I would go with 6143

Cheers!

Ps... I will see if I cannot find you some photos as well for reference.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

PHOTOS:

Here is a Photo I found of 6135 on The Infinity (M-Class Sistership) you can clearly see the Interconnecting Door near the balcony

* Aaaack, link does not work. GOOGLE - Celebrity Cruises 6135 - it will be the first photo to come up in GOOGLE IMAGES

While looking for Photos of 6143, I found this older CC post asking a similar Question to yours... It also has some Photos... Enjoy

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1500854

NOTES - Both of these Cabins have oversized (deeper) Balconies, and cause they are in "Suitesville", the floor of the Balconies have Teak Decking. All the photos provided here are taken quite some time ago... The M-Class Ships Cabins all got new Soft Furnishings (Upholstry & Bedding) when they were Solsticized.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We've had 6144 on the Millie. Also note that there is a butler's pantry adjacent to your cabin (6143.) We never experienced any noise from this area. We were on her before the dry dock and at that time there was an operable maintenance gate from the pantry balcony to the cabin balcony. This was not a problem either. In the good (bad) ole days the crew used to use the maintenance balcony to catch a quick smoke - certainly not any more.

The cabin is a little bigger than 6135 and without the connecting door. The interior fittings of 6135 are in keeping with the suite next door so are a little nicer than 6144 but you have made a good choice.

We've been in 6136 which has a bigger balcony + a connecting door to a suite. We did not experience any noise from the suite. 6143 is slightly bigger than 6136 but is further aft and I recall not as nicely furnished as it was not connected to a suite. You can't go wrong with either c-1 cabins and for the right price we would take them again.

We , also have sailed in 6143. We fund it to be a bit wider with a large balcony. There is a closed hallway on the left which is used by the staff to access the suite next door. We had no issues with noise.