Is there still a Murder Mystery Dinner on the "DAWN" ???

budddawn

We were onboard for the 11 day early in December last year, and we have booked another 11 day this December the eleventh. The Murder Mystery Dinner was far and above the highlight of this cruise. The Cruise Director who ran it is now on the Jewel so is it being run by the new Cruise Director or has it been discontinued ??????

We just changed our cruise from the Dec. 8 Spirit to the Dec. 11 Dawn. I have heard alot about the mystery dinner and I wonder if anyone knows where you sign up for this and what night it is on, also, does anyone have the freestyle daily for the 11 day w. carribean and the menus . We cruised on the Spirit last spring and I loved Henerys Pub, does anyone know if they have a good fish and chips like that on the Dawn?? As I said, we just changed our date and Ship, we booked an gaurantee and I am a little nervous about my decision.

On my cruise in June, sign up was Thursday, the dinner was Friday. From what I have read on these boards it varies. It was mentioned quite often in the daily.... so be sure to check that. They only take 250 people, so sign up early. It was a lot of fun. You are put in groups of 8 (if you don't have enough they will seat others with you). Everyone plays a different part.

I didn't try it but my husband said they have good fish and chips in the Blue Lagoon on the Dawn.

Have fun!

Angeldust4300;

My wife and I did a different 11 day aboard last December, and because it was so great, we are going again. Yes, they have fish & chips, steak & kidney pie too. I think that you made a very good decision. In roll call, put in DAWN 12/11/05 and you will get our thread, but there is not many of us yet.

Tony;

Thanks for the reply, I'll assume that they will continue it

Hi Bud and Dawn! I understand Cheryl has been emailing you and I'm thrilled to see your posting! Wish we could do another great Dawn Dec cruise, you will all have such a great time...and both engines running, too ;) I'll email you tomorrow when I'm more awake. Best wishes, David

Sailing on Nov. 20. Reading other messages and saw there was a Murder Mystery Show on the Dawn. :eek:

Was wondering about it and if they think it will still be going on for Thanksgiving.:confused:

Also if anyone else did a cruise on the Dawn over Thanksgiving how do they celebrate the day?:o

I'm sure the mystery dinner will still be scheduled during your sail as its a very popular event .. so make sure you get to the first sign up time slot as the event may be fully booked before the 2nd sign up period. There will be an on board announcement about the sign up as well as being noted in the freestyle daily paper. Get there early, only one person needs to be there to sign up a group. Keep in mind this isn't a show.. each person will be assigned a personality and provided with a short bio that you must act out during dinner with your fellow passengers who are also participating. Each table has 8 passengers with alter egos, so to speak and you have to figure out who did it. We had a particularly talented passenger at our table who put us all to shame when "in character" .. a born actor! I think we all had a lot of fun, and its a great way to make some new friends. Just wanted to make sure you were prepared to participate and not sit back and enjoy a show. Can't help with the Thanksgiving questions but I'm sure someone else will pop in with some answers.

Leanne

Thanks for the Murder Mystery Show information. Where I work we are putting on a Murder Mystery Dinner Show so I was interested in attending the one on the Dawn. I guess I was thinking more of watching than participating. I don't know how good I would be at doing that. We are travleing with friends so I might be able to get them involved.

Thanks again.:)

The murder Mystery dinner sounds like lots of fun. I'm wondering if it is on other NCL ships, or limited to the Dawn. We and some friends will be on the Spirit in Jan., and hope that this form of entertainment is available, or at least something comparable. Just one quick question, is the murder mystery night held during an at sea day, or between ports of call? Thanks n advance to all answers. May all your cruises be PLEASANT & MEMORABLE ONES.

The Murder Mystery Dinner is a lot of fun but there's not much to actually watch. Basically you ask questions over dinner, don't really act and try to figure out who the murder is.

The group is divided into groups of 8, one for each character. If you don't have 8 people, they will add others. Each person gets a profile of their character. You find out how the murder happened and then go off to dinner (at either the Venetian or Aqua). There are 4 scenes in which everyone has a question to ask a specific character (the profile tells you what information you should give). When dinner is over, everyone gets together and they show how the murder was committed.

It was fun. I guessed wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed participating in the Murder Mystery. If you want to get the most out of it, do not try to form a group of 8 people that you already know. Immerse yourself in a group of strangers. It is easier to get into character and you will meet some new people. Later on, when you run into them on the ship, you already have something in common.

Signing up early is the best way to go, but they were taking drop ins the night of the Murder Mystery dinner to substitute for people who signed up but didn't show up.

Archived