Cancun on a Budget

CTP

Looking for some fun things to do with little or no money around cancun. (We aren't on a cruise, but staying at a posh hotel close to downtown (Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua).

Interests:

Snorkelling (have my own gear)

Cenotes

Ruins

Thanks in advance for any feedback!:D

There is a set of ruins right in Cancun that tourists seldom visit. We found this out from a taxi driver. You can ask about it at your hotel or from your driver at the airport. (I can't remember the name of the place). You pass the entrance right on the way to your hotel, it's on the lagoon side. It's very cheap to enter, but you have to pay a fee to use your camcorder.

There is also a very nice archaeology museum in Cancun, which does not cost very much to enter. I remember it being near where Hard Rock Cafe is.

You can snorkel at the Federal park near Club Med.

You can take the bus all over Cancun for very very cheap (around 70 cents last time i was there). It's very easy to use, all hotels will give you maps and instructions on how to use the bus system.

Looking for some fun things to do with little or no money around cancun. (We aren't on a cruise, but staying at a posh hotel close to downtown (Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua).

Interests:

Snorkelling (have my own gear)

Cenotes

Ruins

Thanks in advance for any feedback!:D

Archived