Pride of America Questions

Fairway Cruiser

First time posting on an NCL thread. I noticed there is not much recent traffic on the "POA" specific thread, so I am posting here on the main thread.

First question: what is the earliest time you can drop off your luggage to the porters on embarkation day on the POA cruise?

Second question: what is the earliest time you can expect boarding to begin?

Third question: I notice that sailing time is 7:00 pm, and muster drill is 4:45 pm. It says if you miss the 4:45 muster drill there is a "make up" drill later. What time is the "make up" drill?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

First time posting on an NCL thread. I noticed there is not much recent traffic on the "POA" specific thread, so I am posting here on the main thread.

First question: what is the earliest time you can drop off your luggage to the porters on embarkation day on the POA cruise?

Second question: what is the earliest time you can expect boarding to begin?

Third question: I notice that sailing time is 7:00 pm, and muster drill is 4:45 pm. It says if you miss the 4:45 muster drill there is a "make up" drill later. What time is the "make up" drill?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

I think we got to the port around 11. We were in one of the earlier boarding groups. I will tell you - I am so glad I got there early. They had hula dancers, musicians, fresh coconut demo and sample, crafts, etc. Very fun embarkation day! I think we boarded around 1230

We also did the PUB HOP PUB HOP PUB HOP around 3pm or so. This was SO much fun! Enjoy :)

It probably doesn't help that some people post under the shortened "POA", and those threads don't show up in the ship-specific search, as it only goes by "Pride of America" :rolleyes:

If you miss the muster drill, the make up is the next day at 5pm while you're docked in Maui. Which would suck, depending on what you planned for the day.

There were no porters to take bags when we boarded the POA... and we arrived at around 11:30am. we had to take our own bags into the terminal area, where we then handed them off to be screened. From there, they were taken and eventually delivered to our cabin.

Once our bags went through screening, we entered the main terminal area for a photo op and got in line for check in. Note to latitudes members: the latitudes check-in queue was on the far left side, and not very well marked. After establishing our on-board account and receiving our room cards, we headed right to the boarding line. It took less than 15 minutes from getting in line to being on board.

Once on board, we went right to the excursion desk to book the one organized tour we wanted to take, and then headed to the MDR for a nice relaxing sit-down lunch.

Announcements notifying that cabins were ready began at about 1:15.

Edited by azappraiser

There were no porters to take bags when we boarded the POA... and we arrived at around 11:30am. we had to take our own bags into the terminal area, where we then handed them off to be screened. From there, they were taken and eventually delivered to our cabin.

Once our bags went through screening, we entered the main terminal area for a photo op and got in line for check in. Note to latitudes members: the latitudes check-in queue was on the far left side, and not very well marked. After establishing our on-board account and receiving our room cards, we headed right to the boarding line. It took less than 15 minutes from getting in line to being on board.

Once on board, we went right to the excursion desk to book the one organized tour we wanted to take, and then headed to the MDR for a nice relaxing sit-down lunch.

Announcements notifying that cabins were ready began at about 1:15.

We arrived around 10:45 and there were no porters. We were dropped off inside a fenced parking lot and our driver took our bags to the door for us. Once inside we waited in a very shot line to drop bags at security screening. There were two lines there. One if had you pre-printed luggage tags and another for if you did not. So it's quicker if you have them. The line started dropping luggage at the security scanner about 11 am. We moved very quickly from there to the "people security scanners" and breezed right through. We had our photo, filled out the medical form and went straight to an empty check in person. 15 minutes later we were seated in the first boarding section where they had musicians and dancers and palm leaf weaving. We started boarding around 11:30. We went to the buffet to eat, but took our food to the great outdoors, the covered dining area at the back of the ship. There was no food service our there at the time, but it's just a few more steps to sit out and enjoy the warm breezes. As far as porters, there were porters there when we debarked the following Saturday. I asked the porter helping us why they weren't there for Embark and he just said something about being busy with debark.

I can't help you with the make-up muster drill. Since we had arrived so early we made it to the first one.

• 2 weeks later...

can any one tell us about the waves where the ship cruises? I understand that the onshore waves are largest in December/January and that is when we plan to go in a year or two, but are wondering if it makes for rough cruising between the islands?

We sailed from December 20-27. The waves are there! Our daughter was very bothered by the ship's movement and was not able to relieve her seasickness with anything. The other three of us were not bothered by the waves.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

can any one tell us about the waves where the ship cruises? I understand that the onshore waves are largest in December/January and that is when we plan to go in a year or two, but are wondering if it makes for rough cruising between the islands?

we were on POA in Oct. and it was smooth as glass!

Can't wait to do it again!

We sailed earlier this month and there was enough movement for me to feel it. I felt it at least on 2 nights, one night I had to lay down as the only remedy. I bought at the ABC store in Waikiki ginger gum to chew on and some meds and I took it. You will feel movement, this ship does go through open water, its worse than doing a normal Caribbean island sailing.