Premium vs Ultimate Drink Package

From everything I see, cocktails on board QOS average about $12 each, making the premium drink package (cocktails up to $10) useless if your preference is mixed drinks. And that's $12 for basic cocktails, such as vodka/tonic or scotch/soda, etc. Am I correct or am I missing something? Thanks!

Edited by babygirl722

I was on the 11/23 sailing and had the Ultimate Package and loved it. It covered any drink up to $12. If you wanted a drink that cost $17, you would pay $5 for that drink. Most drinks were $12 but there was someone in my group who bought a glass of wine that was $17 and paid $5 for the difference. Almost all the $12 drinks included top shelf liquor. For example, I'm a big fan of margaritas and all the items I ordered were made with Patron, Grand Marnier and fresh lime and they cost $12 and were included. My bloody marys were made with Grey Goose and were included. Another benefit of the Ultimate compared to the Premium is you are able to have fresh squeezed juice and premium coffee. For example, in the Windjammer, there is a coffee bar were you can get a coffee with Baileys or Godiva Liquor and it's included. Or you can get a cappuccino or expresso. If you had the Premium package this would not be included. Also in the Windjammer there is a bar where you can get fresh squeezed orange juice. This would be included on the Ultimate but not the Premium.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I was on the 11/23 sailing and had the Ultimate Package and loved it. It covered any drink up to $12. If you wanted a drink that cost $17, you would pay $5 for that drink. Most drinks were $12 but there was someone in my group who bought a glass of wine that was $17 and paid $5 for the difference. Almost all the $12 drinks included top shelf liquor. For example, I'm a big fan of margaritas and all the items I ordered were made with Patron, Grand Marnier and fresh lime and they cost $12 and were included. My bloody marys were made with Grey Goose and were included. Another benefit of the Ultimate compared to the Premium is you are able to have fresh squeezed juice and premium coffee. For example, in the Windjammer, there is a coffee bar were you can get a coffee with Baileys or Godiva Liquor and it's included. Or you can get a cappuccino or expresso. If you had the Premium package this would not be included. Also in the Windjammer there is a bar where you can get fresh squeezed orange juice. This would be included on the Ultimate but not the Premium.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Thank you! This is very helpful. I don't think the premium would work at all on Quantum as most cocktails are at least $12.