Vision of the Seas 8556

After a lot of torturous indecision I finally have a cabin on hold for the 10/23 sailing. Has anyone got any opinions/advice about 8556? It's a 20th anniversary celebration and time away from the 4 kids. We were considering a grand suite but I think we're going to go for the mini instead. Is this a good decision? Any and all comments are hugely appreciated. Thanks!!

We were in this cabin on Vision's sister ship. Grandeur a few years ago. It is a Jr. suite which is good size including full size sofa, 2 club chairs and a couple of ottomans in the sitting area. Bathroom has a tub which was nice. We liked this cabin very much on Grandeur. It is located a little aft of midship. Please let me know if I can give you any other info. I am assuming the same number cabin on very similar ships will be comparable.

I hope your cruise is all you hope it is! Enjoy!

We were in this cabin on Vision's sister ship. Grandeur a few years ago. It is a Jr. suite which is good size including full size sofa, 2 club chairs and a couple of ottomans in the sitting area. Bathroom has a tub which was nice. We liked this cabin very much on Grandeur. It is located a little aft of midship. Please let me know if I can give you any other info. I am assuming the same number cabin on very similar ships will be comparable.

I hope your cruise is all you hope it is! Enjoy!

Actually, "Vision of the Seas" sister ship is the "Rhapsody of the Seas". We have sailed 5 times (sixth time comming in August of 2006) on the Vision and most of the time have an aft JS Cabin on Deck 8 because of the large balcony. The one time we did not have an aft was the cabin next to yours on the Starboard side. This was cabin 8558. We like the V ision, she is a beautiful ship and you will enjoy your cabin. As the previous poster stated, it is great because it has a tub versus just a shower. My wife loves that part. Not much of a walk to either the stairs or the elevator. There is a stairway that goes up to the Spa close to this cabin. Quick way up to deck nine. We have never heard any noise from above. Very quite. You will like the ship and the cabin. Enjoy your cruise.

Mike

We had 8556 on the Vision 3 years ago for Alaska. It was out first JS.....and we loved it. The extra sq footage is nice. we like the sitting area with a sofa bed, larger coffee table, 2 chairs with ottomans. 8556 is nicely located on the starboard side. IF you go out the cabin door and go left towards the aft, you'll find a hidden stair case that leads up to the spa/solairum. It is for pax use, and makes a great short cut!!!! Only one time did I find the door locked.

My only complaint was that you could hear chairs being moved on the tile floor in the solairum....and that was just once in awhile. ;)

Archived