Camofwilliamsburg

riclop

Oh well, I kind of thought that by answering all the other reviews I did not need to do one. I feel unneeded since most reviews of Divina are fabulous.

Our cabin that we went to was fine except I have a new will not book this type of cabin again... never book a cabin next to a cabin that sleeps more than 2! We were so unlucky with a family next to us that awoke at 4:30 AM and allowed the kids to jump, run, open and shut the drawers and yell. If I understood Italian I would be able tell you what they were saying... all I heard was noise and noise and noise. I finally asked the front desk to send someone there to ask them to keep the kids quiet. It did get slightly better, but I still heard them. Christina at the front desk use to be the groups coordinator. When I did a group last time she toured me around the YC so she remembered me. She was very helpful.

We had late dining and not in the Black Crab. This was ok since we wanted to take part in the late activities in the club on deck above so we thought it would be fine. NOT! Service was so slow. Late was at 8:45 but we did not start to eat until after 9:30, missing every 10:30 or 10:45 activity after dinner. On the 3rd night I asked to change dining rooms and was allowed but first I had to give our dining room head waiter a chance to make it right. He made it right 1000%. He helped with service and many other nice perks. He also told me if we stayed at this table for the next cruise of our b2b he would change the waiter to give us his best. OH boy, did we ever get great service with perks again. I was so spoiled.... it was great!

The food was very good and we found the desserts to be great as well as the soups. There were no special pastas made by the maitre de as they use to do, but everything we had was very good.

The shows: exceptional even for the third and fourth time seeing them! We thought after seeing them on the first week of the cruise( which was our third time seeing the shows since we cruised in Jan) we would skip them for the next cruise of the b2b. No, we went. There is just so much to see in each show it was still wonderful.

The singers and bands all over the ship were extraordinary! The cruise staff, although new to us ( we did miss feeling like family since they were all new) were very friendly and nice. Trivia games were fun and we won all the new prizes and so for the second week of the b2b we did not play since they do not do new quizzes. They repeat... We did miss winning the backpacks so we did repeat one game, which we won.... how could we miss? We had an old backpack which DH uses to go to the beaches but it ripped. This way he got 2 new ones and threw the one one away. We won the guess the fake diamond the first week and another game in the jewelry shop the second week. ( they did not repeat the same so this was fair to play twice) and won again. We got a nice Calvin Klien duffle bag full of goodies. We gave Christina the receptionist the 2 dolce and gabana pillows that we won. She was thrilled since she said she wanted them for her bed. We had given her one, and then when she said that we ended up giving her the second one. She loved them that much!

You as well as everyone here knows how much I love MSC. Oh a nice touch was Anna, the CD from the past ( on Poesia) was taking over for Andre, while he was on vacation. When she got onto the ship prior to the end of our second cruise we went over to her. She of course remembered us and it was finally hugs and European kisses from her. It was wonderful seeing her. She was always fantastic as a Cruise Director. We loved hearing her speak all the languages...and her outfits each night were simply gorgeous!

So all in all, in spite of the late night dinning hour, the noise from our neighbor...it was still a great cruise.

Thanks for asking, and sorry that I did not post! I have had cruise withdrawal depression....LOL!!! And lots of work to catch up on. I work for the US Census Dept and they put me on another survey giving me about another 30 hours of work to complete in less than 10 business days... ( i know many who work full time this is nothing....but for me, I am part time, this doubled my monthly hours in a week.... I was tired, and this will be monthly , each beginning of each month....)

I really want to stay on Divina on a longer cruise and not do a b2b. This way we get 10 different shows and 10 different menus. I will probably try to do a group( much better pricing) for Nov 11 sailing in 2015. It is the 10 nighter.

And so.... how are you doing? Happy Holidays to you and a very healthy and Happy New Year.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

Camofwilliamsburg, what a great attitude you have, nice that you enjoyed your cruise despite the noisy neighbours.

The usual reaction to that on Cruise Critic (it seems) would be to blame MSC, dump on them for being a terrible cruise company and swear never to cruise with them again even if it was free!!

My wife and I have only sailed with MSC once but we enjoyed it tremendously despite there being a few little issues (on board & on shore) and have booked a 20 night trans-atlantic repo cruise for next year with them.

Have only ever cruised once so do not have anything to compare it with but MSC does seem to cop a bagging on this forum, a lot of times for things completely out of their control!!

Thanks for doing the review. When we pick our rooms we also don't pick a room next to a 3 or 4 person room, that's why I recommended 11141 - 11157 because all those rooms are for 2. Glad you enjoyed your B2B overall and happy holidays to you and your family!

Bret, How can I contact you? We never exchanged emails and I would love to find out more about the jazz.

Easiest way is here jazzfest@cruisecafe.com or going to the JazzFest at Sea web site (searching that name should bring it up since I don't think I can post a link) and clicking on the contact link. Info on the site isn't completed yet as we are only 95% finalized.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Bret