Cruising over New Years

JSeals4316

Do they do anything different on a New Years Cruise? Special dinner and Buffet New Years Eve? Are the Christmas decorations still up? Are the stores open in Costa Maya on New Years Day? What about entertainment on New Years Eve? Will there be an extra formal night? Are there more children, seeing school is out part of the time? Any additional information would be appreciated.

I may be mistaken but it seems to me this exact question (same verbage) was posted a few days ago....by You? The reason I ask is because I know there were responses and want to be sure you saw them.

Here it is. I found the other thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=221492

New Years Eve will be formal night. There is always a very nice menu and all of the Christmas decorations are still in place. The ship looks beautiful all 'dressed' for the holidays. HAL always puts up a gorgeous tree which sits on the lower level of the dining room and extends all the way up to the second level's ceiling. (I don't know what they do on the Vista ships seeing as the set up is somewhat different).

We have cruised New Years a number of times and have had great cruises. There are bound to be children as that is still vacation time for most schools. The best way to see fewer children (if that is what you wish), is to take a ten day or longer cruise. Most of the children would be on seven day cruises.

Archived